Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning my mods, intake and exaust. do i have reflash my ecu or could the ecu handles these mods.and if not, they shouldnt call them bolt-ons.maybe bolt-morons. canadian-eh thanks. forgot , just a cat-back exaust

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You'll be just fine. You'd have to mod it a good bit heavier than that to have to reflash. :thumbsup:

:welcome: to Tech!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
man do you guys respond fast. awesome. takes like 4 days up in these forums. sorry forum
4 days up in these forums? im lost :biggrin:

instead of the ECU reflash you might want to look into the UTEC engine management system offered by daking350

its a great manangement system for either N/A or FI, so i think its a great investment either way and way better than the ECU reflash

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
not ahh its ehh
:rolf2: What part of Canada, eh? I used to live in Montreal.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Reflashes will be a thing of the past once the UTEC hits the market..
read more here,ehh..
UTEC
That's good to know. I just wish the price would come down a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:rolf2: What part of Canada, eh? I used to live in Montreal.
i live in toronto , great city. but man are there lots of hot girls in montreal.still another great party place.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
i live in toronto , great city. but man are there lots of hot girls in montreal.still another great party place.
:clap: So true. I got whiplash when I lived there. It's a hella party town! :DiRN:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
would i still need this unit if i only mod the intake and exaust only.
It would help you get the most out of you N/A mods.We find that tuning plays a big role on HP gained based on the mods you add.Alot of the basic mods tend to lean the car out a bit and produce minimal HP gains at best,the ability to tune for those mods and extract the extra HP is priceless. On a N/A car, they achieved 278whp with test pipes,stock exhaust,CAI and a Plenum with the UTEC tuned..Thats unheard of.And it now has the ability to raise the rev limit and speed limiter.If you plan on only doing minimal mods,this unit will help you greatly..

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Nice; Montreal. I'll be visiting Montreal within 6 months. I have a good friend that's been wanting to show me around.

When you get there, be sure to take a walk down St. Catherine's Street. Some siick clubs/bars line the road. Its a **** of a party town.

Also, if your into the club thing, check out Dome and The Vatican. Bar scene, check out The Upper Deck. God I love layovers in Montreal!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
That UTEC looks pretty sick, but I hope it comes with some goooood operating instructions. I have no idea what half the stuff about knock sensing, etc is about!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts