Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now in my middle 50's and kids are grown and out of the house, etc...so insurance should be cheaper...I drive about 50 miles twice a day to work (highway), considering buying a used 350Z or 370Z to use as my daily drive. I want to get manual transmission, etc. My question is, does a 350/370z make sense to be my everyday drive to work car? Will it hold up with this much driving all year long, etc.?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Both the 350Z or the 370Z would make good DD, depending on where you live. Here where I live in Colorado, I can use it 9/12 months of the year. Where are you located?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southeast Missouri. Only get a little snow maybe 2-3 days of the year.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Look for a low mileage, unmodified Z with a documented service history. Both the Z33 and Z34 live up to the Z's history for being strong and durable rides. Problem is, previous owners who've hacked the electronics or wiring harnesses can create more problems than they could ever fix. The change in seasonal temps can also catch out the unwary, so consider a set of all-season rubber with a broader temp range to make it easier to manage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm also in my 50's and I have enjoyed my 2004 350z for 7 years -- it's a blast to drive. Great bang for the buck.
But you may "feel every bump on the road" due to the stiff suspension. Freeways should be ok though.
I don't drive much, maybe about 3K miles per year. Got my Z with 69K, now at 89K miles, so not sure about the longevity.
With 25K miles/yr -- Tires aren't cheap. Gas mileage isn't great. And maintenance/repairs may add up.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
With 25K miles/yr -- Tires aren't cheap. Gas mileage isn't great. And maintenance/repairs may add up.
Still WAYYY cheaper than buying a newer, more boring car. The Z33 will require a major service every 100K and regular replacement of brakes and tires. And let's face it, we didn't buy this car for the gas mileage! I'm confident my 350Z will last 300K+ notwithstanding any major accidents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts