Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am planning on buying a manual 2006 glacier white 350Z coupe. It's got 6000KM on it, and at $36000 CAD, it's not a bad deal.

A few questions:

- What are the pros and cons of 2006 model, that I should be aware of, compared to 2008 model? I know the HP and TQ rating is different, hood is different, and engine is DE not HR.

- Does the 06 model come with dual intakes?

- I assume there are more parts available for 06 model?

Thank you in advance for helping me out here. I will soon join you guys as a new Z owner. Excited!

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
First thing to check would be the O.C. thread in the maintenance section (its pinned). Some of the '06 have oil consumption

No dual intake in stock form.

·
Registered
133 Posts
you will find a TON of parts for an 06 DE Z...go with the 08 and you will be waiting a year or two for more parts to come out

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have an 06 and love it but... If I would havn known about the power increase for the 07-08 models I would have waited ugh. But anyway the only thing that I know of is the oil consumption which was already stated.

DAN

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the warning. Is there a fix / anything I can do, to eliminate this issue, or at least somewhat fix it?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
i'd get the 08...i've heard the oil consumption can be a bitch to fix on some...so go get you that rhino and tame it on a track! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
on manual trans the 07 has a recall on the slave cylinder! it may go out at anytime and you will not be able to shift gears!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like both 06 and 07 has their issues. Man, can't this car just be perfect, at least mechnically, so I can get the **** thing?

I will have to wait for 2008 then.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an 06 and I was one of the lucky few who did not have an OC problem. Although if you did decide to get the 06 and it did have an OC problem, Nissan has a TSB for that and will replace the long block with a version 2.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have an 06 with 50000 miles now and I have had no issues with it. I just replaced the stock tires 3 days ago.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's good to hear that MANY of you don't have this problem, but I am afraid that THE one I am looking at buying COULD have this problem. I really don't feel like risking $36000 CAD.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I dont know Its worth it to me... I mean Say the car does have the OC problem. Well then nissan will replace the motor with the V2 and you will be fine. Or you wont even have the problem at all. Its a win win for me. Just buy the car.

DAN

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah my 07 had the master slave cylinder issue with the tranny, it was a three hour fix and my car runs great now

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
QUOTE (harshfury @ Mar 5 2008, 11:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=503087
Do the majority of them really have this issue?
Its hard to tell how many actually have it.. I have heard that only 500 nationwide have reported the issue. Dont know how to verify that.. however I am sure there are many that dont even know about the issue and dont check thier fluid levels more often. Enthusiasts and fans of the Z like us are more likely to be aware....

i would say it is a small percentage.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
QUOTE (One_Quick_Z @ Mar 4 2008, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=502953
I dont know Its worth it to me... I mean Say the car does have the OC problem. Well then nissan will replace the motor with the V2 and you will be fine. Or you wont even have the problem at all. Its a win win for me. Just buy the car.

DAN
+1

Give this man a cigar!

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
QUOTE (art_suckz @ Mar 5 2008, 12:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=503089
Its hard to tell how many actually have it.. I have heard that only 500 nationwide have reported the issue. Dont know how to verify that.. however I am sure there are many that dont even know about the issue and dont check thier fluid levels more often. Enthusiasts and fans of the Z like us are more likely to be aware....

i would say it is a small percentage.
That is my line of thinking too.
I know that it is a problem, and a bad situation, for those who are unfortunate enough to have to deal with it...but I think we all need to keep in mind that it isn't a majority, or half, or even a large percentage of people that have this problem.

I think it might be a little bit blown out of propotion.

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
QUOTE (harshfury @ Mar 5 2008, 01:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=503168
That is my line of thinking too.
I know that it is a problem, and a bad situation, for those who are unfortunate enough to have to deal with it...but I think we all need to keep in mind that it isn't a majority, or half, or even a large percentage of people that have this problem.

I think it might be a little bit blown out of propotion.

True! But wouldn't it be te shits to buy one and have that problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good work on choosing manual. The reason why 350z is not a full enthusiast 'sports' car is because there are too many pansy auto drivers. The car is also too heavy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts