Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the Southern California area and for several reasons here, I have decided to bulletproof my windows and door panels if possible. I wanted to find out who has any ideas of any places around Southern California that would do it. Also I know it would be costly but any bold park figure? Hope you can help as I want to do this soon. AND NO IM NOT RUNNING FROM ANYBODY!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ! :shiftdrive: :irock: :goodtimes:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I watched a show on the Discovery Channel once about a SoCal company that does that for celebs and what not. It's not cheap. I don't remember the name of the company, but I'm sure it's located in the trendy area of LA.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

Thanks, at least I know there is some place here in Southern California. I was worried about having to take the car out of state to do that. I hope I find out more.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
[/quote]

Why would I be kidding? I mean it. I really want to do this.
<div align="right">[snapback]98739[/snapback]
[/quote]
Okay...just wondering :cheers:

·
Registered
598 Posts
i think i saw the same show, and it will also make your car considerably heavier, i would like to speculate close to 1000 or so lbs. im not sure what kind of glass they use buy if they use kevlar composites behind door panels and such, it will still weigh alot. i have a kevlar bulletproof vest and its almost 18 lbs. i think your performance will suffer too.
mdzowner

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

WOW! I didnt think it was going to be that heavy. I guess your right performance would suck later. :doh:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
[/quote]

WOW! I didnt think it was going to be that heavy. I guess your right performance would suck later. :doh:
<div align="right">[snapback]98749[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's why I thought you were kidding. You'd be better off just buying a turbo kit so you could fly through the ghetto instead of adding all that weight. You'd never get away! :shoot: :shoot2: :50cal:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
yeah....this will add a ton of weight. i've seen two different ways of doing this. there is a spray on kevlar compound that they apply.....and there is also something like dynomat they put on (also kevlar).

also....costs a pretty penny. they need to re-do the doors since the bulletproof glass is a lot thicker than regular glass.

but....would be cool. you'd have the batmobile.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[/quote]

Thanks guys for your help.

Just to let you know though...........IM NOT INTO ANYTHING ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bring this up since I post this topic in another site and everybody flipped calling me a drug dealer. LOL

Yeah I will keep looking for a place to give me other options since I dont want to hurt performance.

Thanks again. :nana:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
Funny... I was thinking the same thing about why you wanted that done. :rolf2: :nana: Especially after seeing your SN on the other site.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

Thanks guys for your help.

Just to let you know though...........IM NOT INTO ANYTHING ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bring this up since I post this topic in another site and everybody flipped calling me a drug dealer. LOL

Yeah I will keep looking for a place to give me other options since I dont want to hurt performance.

Thanks again. :nana:
<div align="right">[snapback]98768[/snapback]
[/quote]

i didn't think you were a drug dealer....just running from your bookie. haha, just kidding. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
After watching the 8th freeway shooting in the last 2 months on the news this morning I'm beginning to think you're not just half kidding :shoot2:

It's been a while since I've seen anything new about this but I'm pretty sure that between the glass and door panels you would no longer be able to roll your windows up or down. Real bulletproof glass runs about 1 inch thick and is very heavy... and the bullets don't just bounce off of it like in the movies :rolf2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
<div align="right">[snapback]98749[/snapback]
That's why I thought you were kidding. You'd be better off just buying a turbo kit so you could fly through the ghetto instead of adding all that weight. You'd never get away! :shoot: :shoot2: :50cal:
[/quote]

LOL. +1

·
5,437 Posts
Might make more sense to just get a vest, and do the windows. Hope you know bulletproof glass will only stop one low caliber round. Hit the same place twice, and the glass will be compromised. Hit the area with somethin automatic or heavy caliber, and you might as well have the windows rolled down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts