Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build my motor with forged internals and the works and supercharger it with the vortec v3 Sci kit that's carb legal. What kind of hp numbers can I expect to make reliably.

Looking forward to learning
2004 DE non revup

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
While I've driven numerous FI Z33 applications, it's not something I wish for. Why? The VQ35DE was never designed for FI and reliability will ALWAYS be compromised. I'll let others with more real-world experience comment here, but I'll continue enjoying the reliability of my NA DE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I've driven numerous FI Z33 applications, it's not something I wish for. Why? The VQ35DE was never designed for FI and reliability will ALWAYS be compromised. I'll let others with more real-world experience comment here, but I'll continue enjoying the reliability of my NA DE.
Thanks for the input looking forward to hearing more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of NA setup are you running I've been reconsidering FI

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
What kind of NA setup are you running I've been reconsidering FI
As an SCCA racer, I have two Z33s. One is my original '03 track model in which I've put most of my time and money into the suspension setup. I left the VQ35DE pretty much stock for reliability, except for a Stillen TD exhaust and ported/polished plenum. The other car is a fully modified '06 model with a transplanted VQ35HR lightly modded with test pipes, ti exhaust and UpRev tuning on 100 octane race fuel. SCCA touring class rules strictly limit engine mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts