Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow Zed owners from the US. I'm a Zed owner here in Australia and I'm thinking of getting a built block from the States shipped to me here. I need one that's gonna be able to handle about 500whp from my HKS 3037 single turbo.

I know that I'll be taking a risk in terms of warranty as I'm in Australia and that's why I'm asking you guys for recommendations as to who I should get my block from? The cars a 2003 VQ35DE MT currently with about 350whp and the usual track mods and stock engine.

Thanks in advance for all your help guys, any info will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

Aaron

·
Registered
772 Posts
Geez, I seem to be stalking you Aaron.... :p

But on a serious note, IPP seem to have a good rep with their builds, and if you don't mind spending a few dollars, try VTR or GTM.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol! Look at us, a couple of Aussies mucking about in the US section of the forum. On a more serious note, IPP was at the top of my list but I wanted to see what the US guys say first.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I had a good experience with IPP overall. Kyle was really informative and catered to my specific needs and found parts for me that I had trouble getting. It was almost a custom build and he handled it great. He had a few people in the shipping business, so to get my block from Colorado to Texas and back to Colorado was about $150USD, I thought it was going to be 3 times that. It may be a moot point but his pricing is VERY competitive with any other supplier in the US.

A few sour experience that I had - I found some small metal shavings within the engine block when we took off the oil pan to inspect inside and I needed to find a plug bolt that was on my original block that wasnt included on the new one. Nothing too major and I enjoyed the overall experience and would recommend him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts