Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in the middle of an engine build probably just as long if not longer than most people on this site. And its still not back yet! Its been since November 7th of last year when I blew the motor. And with all this free time and seeing everyone else get their Z's back and running all of the glorious boost. Its just made me realize something....WE REALLY DON"T HAVE BUILT ENGINES! I have CP pistons 8.5:1 compression and Crower rods which my block will then be built, balanced and blueprinted. But when you really think about it....its not a built bottom end! What about my crank and all of the bearings. Darton came out with sleeves for our bottom end but they were a day late and a dollar short on that one. None of them are aftermarket cause no one makes anything yet! And im personally a little disgusted by the whole situation. Really unless you were gonna spend the 7500 to 8000 dollars on the AEBS stroker kit then you just don't get a built bottom end. Which myself personally wouldn't want a stroker motor for a daily driver...I just see that having reliability issues. So I guess what im getting at is that the aftermarket companys that are gonna make the internals for our engines really need to jump on the ball. Sorry just a little angry at the whole situation in general. Cause the way I look at it is that one little bearing goes up and I could still chunk another connecting rod through my block. And that would really upset me! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
So what you're saying is stay NA? :jk: Sorry to hear that you're still waiting. I know I'd be frustrated as ****. I also know that after all is said and done, I would keep that car and get buried in it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nothing worse than a spun bearing....except perhaps, a spun monkey...

The issue with Chevy strokers is not reliability, per se...it's longjevity.

There are no heavy duty bearings on the mkt?.....what do they run in the JGTC cars?....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess i have some good news that my motor got finished up at the machine shop today...so another 1 to 2 weeks and I should be back in my car breaking in the new motor. But I stand behind my feelings on the built engine subject. As far as the JGTC cars are concerned....most of the 350Zs have the vq30det in them or a Rb26dett...most do not have the factory vq35de in them.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
Hang in there...glad your wait is almost at an end. My blew Nov. 29 and I'm still waiting too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]
Hang in there...glad your wait is almost at an end. My blew Nov. 29 and I'm still waiting too.
<div align="right">[snapback]96010[/snapback]
[/quote]

All I can say is that I know your pain....it will be at the 6 month mark before I start my car back up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just did a compression test on the KA24DE in my 240. Apperently i bent a valve while doing my cam swap. So now i get to rebuild my head. I guess i can't talk amongst the boosted 350s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts