Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today my shifter(B&M) snapped at the threads. (and yes I do have super human strength

I am so beyond pissed right now -

I have to drive to work with half a shifter and either order another B&M or have the stock shifter put back in.

AHH - what a start of an already crappy week

thank you for letting me vent

~Z~

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Yeah.. totally not supposed to happen. Next to the brake pedals, the shifter better be **** strong material.. I'd write the Co. for a replacement part..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Do you know if you got the first generation or the latest one?

Either way, I think this is a sign telling you to stop working out. You're breaking metal now, what's next?

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you have the first generation one, consider this a good sign. I had the first gen and it was a total piece of crap. I sent it back to B&M under warranty and asked for a second generation. My second generation shifter is leagues better. The shifting is much, much better and the noise is down (but not totally gone). I still have a couple gripes about it, but it is still 1000% better than the original.

By the way, B&M's turn around time for me was about three weeks. Not too bad overall.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by ZPartsGuy@Jul 6 2005, 09:46 AM
how do you tell if it is first or second gen?

~Z~
[snapback]127376[/snapback]​

When did you buy it?

I believe the second generation was a bit bulkier (in a good way) and it shifted cleaner and smoother.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The second generation piece came out in December 2004 or January 2005. However, I am sure some vendors sold the old pieces into 2005. The first generation has a small reverse lock-out pin. It is about 1/4 inch tall I believe. The second gen has a much larger reverse lock-out pin. Also, I believe the second gen has an o-ring on top of the shifter cup where as the first gen does not (I am not sure on this last point).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I ordered another one today to replace the one that is broke - I will have to see about warrenty later but it is too hard to drive with half a shifter.

~Z~

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know how it feels....my shifter snapped at the threads in my crx about 2 months ago and lucky me hit my hand pretty bad on the dash and cut my arm lol ....its pitiful what things you never think could hurt you do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts