Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking around pricing Big Brake kits online. Doug knows this and actually went up to the dealership to ask about the pricing on the brembos for lucy. They can set me up w/ the brembos on all 4's for about $1K less than the stoptechs. Question for you track guys: are the brembos compatible or reliable enough for the track. I have been doing open lapping and plan on doing a lot more. I am a little hesistant cause of the gold but ****, if he wants to buy them for me for my bday I am not going to complain IF they are really suitable to be out there on the track where I am starting to need a better braking system than stock for touring. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Are you going w/slotted rotors and better brake fluid? You should, but I assume the bbk will be a complete kit with ss lines, pads, rotors, and calipers.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole shebang. master cylinder too :dunno: that's what doug said anyhow. I'd love to have slotted rotors. but prolly wait till I go thru the stock ones. But def. yes better brake fluid....I'll buy that and bring it to them :lol:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Are you doing all 4 corners? I would suggest going with the stoptech 14" fronts over the brembo 4 wheel package. I had always been against just upgrading the fronts until i recentely changed out my pads and rotors. The front pads were completely gone. The rear pads still looked new! That shows you how much strain is actually being dumped up front.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
From what I've read the track brembos are just that for the track. On the street they are just like the stock brakes. Brembo also makes a bbk and I think it comes in black or red. You could also check into stillens ap bbk it's kind of what they specialize in.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
If it were me, I'd buy the Stop Tech 4 wheel upgrade over the Track Brembos anyday of the week. T. Brembos are a joke IMHO. Sorry...

You know if you look hard enough, you can find the Track Brembos for less than $1000.

PM me before you do anything. I have very close ties to ST and could possibly get you the friends and family discount. The ST kit would hands down out perform the Track Brembos. The amount of work that ST puts into the kits is amazing.

SW150,

I'm not sure what you mean about the track brembos being just for the track... feeling like stock on the street. That all depends on what pads you have. Intial bite characteristics, mu, temp that the pad operates at, etc...

Good luck Jinxxy!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I just remember that some car mag did a test track vs stock. And that on the street the track car did not offer any more stoping power. But in harsh conditions like being at a track thats where the brembos steped up as far as staying cooler and stuff like that. Thats just what I remember reading.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I just remember that some car mag did a test track vs stock. And that on the street the track car did not offer any more stoping power. But in harsh conditions like being at a track thats where the brembos steped up as far as staying cooler and stuff like that. Thats just what I remember reading.

That all has to do with pad selection. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah, I read something like that recently where they did a brake test and there wasn't much of a difference among them all. Still, I think Stoptech brakes are badass.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Yeah, I read something like that recently where they did a brake test and there wasn't much of a difference among them all. Still, I think Stoptech brakes are badass.

Yes they are badass. It came down to StopTech and Endless for me. I wanted the keep the overall theme consistent since I was shopping for coilovers at the same time (ZEAL). So, Endless won. Now I win. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts