Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
For $1000- buy the StopTech kit. I personally do NOT care for any wilwood product.
Thank you.

+1. For a daily driver that you have fun with, the ST stage II kit is your best bet.
Thank you.

I keep hearing the same thing about this kit. I have everything except for the slotted rotors. I'm sure after this summer, maybe even before the end of it, I'll have to upgrade the rotors. I'm just a few miles shy of 40k miles, and I plan on driving it hard this summer.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
How hard are you braking, or where are you living, to overheat your brakes around town?!?!?!

Are you running aftermarket wheels? What do they look like?

Its very hard to believe that you can boil your brakes that quickly unless you're pushing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How hard are you braking, or where are you living, to overheat your brakes around town?!?!?!

Are you running aftermarket wheels? What do they look like?
Its very hard to believe that you can boil your brakes that quickly unless you're pushing it.
I live around Pomona area in California (20min from Los Angeles). My car is 05' it was close to like 13,500 miles when I took it to the dealers. I have these wheels right here, 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear Volk SF-Winning gold with Toyo proxes T1R tires. I just drive locally to and from college, not that much freeway.

I don't think the dealers would be lying to me would they? They said my rotors are overheating and got about 5,000 miles before I Have to change it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You guys probably already know about these, but if not I would check out R1 Concepts - http://store.r1concepts.com/NISSAN%20BRAKE...003%20-%202005/

At first I thought you guys were saying the ST stage II kit was close to $1,000 for stock, non-brembo calipers - that would be ridiculous. For around $650 though, that's not too bad. However, pickup the premium R1 Concepts rotors, some Hawk HPS pads, and ss brake lines, and you'll come in under the $650 mark with probably just as good as a setup.

I haven't decided what route to go though. But i'm a cheap *******, so I'll probably just get the Hawk HPS pads and some of the cheaper R1 rotors.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
WOW! How did I miss this thread! As an owner of the OEM non-brembos, than StopTech Stage 2 kit and now soon to be adding a StopTech BBK this is my suggestion.

Considering the "dealership Service" says your rotors are overheating and your running 19" wheels it sounds like your wheels are heavy and you apply too much break pressure. You are mostly likely a late breaker like myself. Wait to the last min to break and you break hard. FYI: Micheal Schumacher was the same way. ;)

If you're only daily driving, not tracking/auto-x, and you're on a bit of a budget I suggest this... Go ahead and invest in the StopTech Stage 2 kit with SLOTTED rotors. Drilled rotors and been known to crack with hard/high temp breaking. The steel lines will help with pedel feel and I think will help you from pushing so hard on it. Give the Axxis Ultimates a try. If you still feel you want more stopping power I would also consult with Zeckhausen (www.zeckhausen.com) about a different pad. Maybe something with a bit more cold bite.

I think a BBK is a bit much for this situation right now. Unless you have plans to start road racing or auto-xing save the cash. Also I'm not a fan of a front BBK w/ non-brembo OEM in the rear. You will have what is called a "Front Bias" car and it will handle/stop so crappy. Suggest reading Zeckhausen/StopTech's "Testing Brakes" http://www.zeckhausen.com/Testing_Brakes.htm

Hope this helps you out!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts