Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If you're finding ONLY the RF is leaking after a four-wheel bleed, check the hard line for cracks and consider the caliper and/or seals as being suspect.
Are you doing this brake assessment, or are you using a trained technician?
i work as a mechanic but i fix engines all the time and i don't know too much for brakes.so you're telling me the brake booster is okay?

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
i work as a mechanic but i fix engines all the time and i don't know too much for brakes.so you're telling me the brake booster is okay?
Never said the brake booster was OK. But if only one corner of the Z seems to have a lot of air in the brake line, it makes sense to critically evaluate it. Your posts have been confusing, but you state that you've previously changed BOTH the brake master and the brake booster, so unless there was an installation error, I'm inclined to look at the corner that shows leakage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Never said the brake booster was OK. But if only one corner of the Z seems to have a lot of air in the brake line, it makes sense to critically evaluate it. Your posts have been confusing, but you state that you've previously changed BOTH the brake master and the brake booster, so unless there was an installation error, I'm inclined to look at the corner that shows leakage.
i never said i changed the brake booster.i'm saying can the brake booster put air in master cylinder?

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
i never said i changed the brake booster.i'm saying can the brake booster put air in master cylinder?
In post #7 you confirmed the brake booster was changed- now you say it wasn't???

If the brake booster was damaged in the flood, it could be leaking internally and cause a soft pedal. This is why buying a flood damaged car can be so expensive. Multiple components can be damaged and will need to be replaced. The damage can be endless...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
In post #7 you confirmed the brake booster was changed- now you say it wasn't???

If the brake booster was damaged in the flood, it could be leaking internally and cause a soft pedal. This is why buying a flood damaged car can be so expensive. Multiple components can be damaged and will need to be replaced. The damage can be endless...
bro read the messages i own that car for 15years and we didn't buy it flooded

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Sorry bro- I never read anything about how long you'd owned the car- just tried to make some guesses based on your incomplete descriptions in your posts. It would help if you'd simply describe how extensive the flooding was for your Z.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sorry bro- I never read anything about how long you'd owned the car- just tried to make some guesses based on your incomplete descriptions in your posts. It would help if you'd simply describe how extensive the flooding was for your Z.
the car was totally in water.and it has been "rebuild".i will change the brake fluid again and if it does it again could it be the brake booster?

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
the car was totally in water.and it has been "rebuild".i will change the brake fluid again and if it does it again could it be the brake booster?
How are you changing out the brake fluid? What are you using to pressurize the brake master or brake line?

Since you "rebuilt" this Z, did you remove the brake booster to inspect it?

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
If you and your partner are doing a thorough job of methodically bleeding all four corners, and having a firm brake pedal for three days, there's a slow leak somewhere in the system. The question is where and how big a leak it is. When the pedal goes soft, is the brake master still full, or has the level dropped significantly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Once again- how are you bleeding the brakes? Manually, with a partner squeezing the brake pedal? Or are you using a pneumatic device on each corner of the car?
like i said when i bleed them.they work fine.after 3 days it goes to the floor and it works fine if you push it 4-5 times

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
If you and your partner are doing a thorough job of methodically bleeding all four corners, and having a firm brake pedal for three days, there's a slow leak somewhere in the system. The question is where and how big a leak it is. When the pedal goes soft, is the brake master still full, or has the level dropped significantly?
it's still full

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
maybe i have to change the fluid again

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
maybe i have to change the fluid again
Maybe you should read the original question again, and post whether the brake fluid level has dropped significantly in the master? The master cylinder is clearly marked with 'min' and 'max' levels, so you should be able to read it easily. DOT 3/4 brake fluid should usually last a minimum of two years.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts