Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.i am working on an nissan 350z.i am dealing with some brake issues the pedal is too spongy, i changed the master cylinder due to pressure loss and after installing the new one the brakes worked perfectly and after 3 days the pedal was spongy again.i bleeded the brakes again and the pedal was on top again.but every 3 days the pedal is spongy again.it has no leaks.can anybody help me?

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
I'll try to help. First, what kind of brake bleeding system are you using? What type of brake fluid?

In general, if the brakes continue to get spongy, there's some type of leak in the system that you'll need to find. What are the condition of the bleed nipples on all four corners? Have you checked the main seals on the calipers?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try to help. First, what kind of brake bleeding system are you using? What type of brake fluid?

In general, if the brakes continue to get spongy, there's some type of leak in the system that you'll need to find. What are the condition of the bleed nipples on all four corners? Have you checked the main seals on the calipers?
i'm not using an vacum bleeder.all the nipples and seals are in good conditions.but can the brake booster cause this problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, first you should tell us why, how and when this Z was flooded. Next, how did you determine which parts should be replaced?

Without accurate background information, it's impossible to make any realistic suggestions.
so it was flooded 6 years ago.we fixed it and the car runs and drives perfectly but i have only the brake problem.when pressing the brake pedal the engine rpm drops a little bit and when i relese it's ok

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
so it was flooded 6 years ago.we fixed it and the car runs and drives perfectly but i have only the brake problem.when pressing the brake pedal the engine rpm drops a little bit and when i relese it's ok
So the car had NO brake problems for the past six years after being fixed? Did the spongy brakes just crop up recently? Are we talking about a manual or auto tranny?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the car had NO brake problems for the past six years after being fixed? Did the spongy brakes just crop up recently? Are we talking about a manual or auto tranny?
manual trans and the problem was there for 2-3years but the car was used as a weekend car it could go out only 2-3 times a month

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
What I hear you saying is that this brake problem may have always been there since it was driven very little. That's a problem with a flooded car. Was the car completely under water, or was it only partially submerged?

BTW- engine revs should drop slightly when you apply the brakes. That's normal. With the clutch connected to the driveline, any brake use will drop the revs a bit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What I hear you saying is that this brake problem may have always been there since it was driven very little. That's a problem with a flooded car. Was the car completely under water, or was it only partially submerged?

BTW- engine revs should drop slightly when you apply the brakes. That's normal. With the clutch connected to the driveline, any brake use will drop the revs a bit.
the car was under water.so what do you suggest to check?

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
If this Z was actually submerged, you could have water stuck anywhere in the system. It's why flood cars are totaled and can be purchased cheaply. How many times have you performed a full four wheel brake bleed? I'd suggest using a hydraulic brake bleeder to move a lot of old brake fluid out of all the lines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If this Z was actually submerged, you could have water stuck anywhere in the system. It's why flood cars are totaled and can be purchased cheaply. How many times have you performed a full four wheel brake bleed? I'd suggest using a hydraulic brake bleeder to move a lot of old brake fluid out of all the lines.
but how is it possible when i bleed the brakes only right front it bleeds a lot of air

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i've asked around and they say me that is the brake booster fault but it makes no sense

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
but how is it possible when i bleed the brakes only right front it bleeds a lot of air
If you're finding ONLY the RF is leaking after a four-wheel bleed, check the hard line for cracks and consider the caliper and/or seals as being suspect.
Are you doing this brake assessment, or are you using a trained technician?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts