Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to replace my front brake pads , and turn the rotors with 21K on my 2003 touring W/ automatic. Is this normal wear time for these cars, seems pretty short .
I was told it was the last time the rotors could be turned too

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I guess it all depends on how you drive and under what conditions. I feel like my rotors at 22k miles are alright, but judging from what some people are posting, I think I should probably start shopping for a some new rotors. At least I already have the lines, fluids, and front pads upgraded.

Is it possible to keep my stock calipers and get a slightly larger rotor?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I had my front rotors turned and brake pads replaced with Hawk HPS at about 22-24K miles. I drive relatively calmly most of the time.

Hawk HPS pads are a more metallic pad, and hence should last longer than the stockers.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just had to replace my front brake pads , and turn the rotors with 21K on my 2003 touring W/ automatic. Is this normal wear time for these cars, seems pretty short .
I was told it was the last time the rotors could be turned too
I don't know what the stock pad material is, but here's something to keep in mind: The stock brakes are very good on the Z (one-time stops, not talking fade here), hence they have good bite. More bite means more wear. It's a trade off -- better braking for shorter rotor life. Many pad manufacturers will state that on the pad description. Something like, "These pads provide increased friction compared with the stock pads. Therefore, rotor life may be shortened."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.