Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hawk HPS Brake Pads and Hawk HP Plus Brake Pads, what is the different? Which one should be good for my Z? Also, what is the typical price for these?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Took this off splparts.com which is where I got my Hawks HPS pads...

Hawk pads are offered in 3 main compounds.

HPS (High Performance Street) provides 20-40% more brake torque than OEM pads, and are very low dusting, quiet and gentle on rotors. Great for autocrossing and can be used for light duty (beginner) road racing.

HP Plus is Hawk's street/track compound, suitable for autocrossing and beginner-intermediate level road racing (can be cycled over 1000F) and can be used on the street, though noisy (squeels at low temperatures slow stops) and dusty for street use.

Blue is Hawk's race compound, operates from 250-1000F, medium-high braking torque and very fade resistant, ideal for serious road racing and rally. Very abrasive and poor stopping power when cold, unsuitable for street use, should only be swapped in at the track.

HT-10 is another of Hawk's race compound, operates from 300-1600F, intermediate to high braking torque, not suitable for street use.

Here is the pricing off their website....depends upon what you get and for what application

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have mine and love them. They dust even less than the rear OEM's

·
Registered
351 Posts
Originally posted by Steve350Z@Nov 11 2004, 12:37 PM
ordered mine from raceshopper.com  was $56 for front and $53 for rear

Wow, that's a good price. I just ordered some from tirerack.com pretty cheap, too....

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Mine were $62 shipped for front. I got it from bobowah on my350

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by Dave079@Nov 11 2004, 01:58 PM
I have mine and love them. They dust even less than the rear OEM's

Nice, which ones do you have? The street ones? If so, how did they feel compared to stock.. feel any grippier?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts