Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stillen Brake Master Cylinder Stiffener - US$139
http://www.brake-pros.com/brakepros_detail...id=63591&page=5

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.stillen.com//product_images/309350.jpg');}" />

"Open the hood on your 350Z and have someone step on the brakes. You'll see the master cylinder dive towards the frame. This hurts your braking performance & softens up the brake pedal. Our Master Cylinder Brace supports the cylinder and translates that wasted motion into braking force. You'll notice the improvement immediately. This brace consists of a adjustable red anodized billet aluminum piece with a delrin support cup and CAD plated mounting bracket and hardware. "

·
Registered
889 Posts
Had one on my WRX and you can notice the difference.

Cusco was supposed to bring one out for the Z close to 9 months ago. Still has not come out yet. The Stillen price is a bit on the high side for such an item

·
Registered
293 Posts
[/quote]

I had one on my ITR and it didn't make any difference... but the ITR had an awesoem brake setup as is. I find the 350Z one a little slushy... so perhaps that stiffner would make it more precise.

I also agree that the price is a tad high. Surely one of those can be fabricated for $20 worth of parts? Either way, I am going to take on the challenge :nana:

·
Registered
293 Posts
On another note... does anyone know if making the Master Cylinder casing/support too stiff can cause problems under exterme braking? (ie the force of the braking force breaking something and cause major brake malfunction?)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Originally posted by Iggy_Type_R@May 16 2005, 11:16 PM
I also agree that the price is a tad high. Surely one of those can be fabricated for $20 worth of parts? Either way, I am going to take on the challenge  :nana:

Its like those stupidly expensive grounding kits that are floating around the stores at the moment. USD$130 for a half a dozen electrical cables!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If you don't want the rice factor of having shiny cables in your engine bay, getting a grounding kit would cost you a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Originally posted by jmcmorante@May 16 2005, 11:18 PM
Excuse the ignorance but im unfamiliar with this mod. What exactly would it do for me with my Stoptech BBK on the front.

Did you modify your brake's master cylinder in the upgrade?

As it says in the description, what it does is stops the brake master cylinder from flexing and moving around under hard braking. Its been found that this can affect the travel of your brake fluid from the cylinder down the lines, thus affecting the feel and consistency of your brake pedal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Master cylinder stoppers are a great mod for brake feel, like it says in the ad, watch the master cylinder while someone presses it, you will be shocked...each mm you see the firewall flex is a mm you have pressed the pedal which did not affect the brake pad ;)

But the price is appalling, around $100 Aus is reasonable.

For people in Sydney, Unique Autosports in Castle Hill would be able to have one fabricated for you

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah, I want to get a brake master cylinder brace. But I don't want to get bent over for around AUD$150 (before shipping) for a couple of pieces of metal.

You can get a Cusco one from Perfect run for around AUD$90, it seems.

Or just buy some metal and make one yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts