Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything i can buy to put on my 18's that will collect the brake dust.

always cleaning that stuff really gets old after a while

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Wheelwax has worked for some people, but has not shown significant results in my case.

I just tried the new Michelin Brake Dust Repellent, and that too did not "repell" enough dust to notice a difference in my case.

So far, the only noticeable product that has shown to dramatically reduce brake dust is HAWK HPS brake pads or the Greenstuff brake pads.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Hawk HPS pads are also the only thing I've found that reduce the dust. Next time you have to replace your pads, I recommend switching. They're not very expensive at all.

Also, you can try waxing your wheels. For some it has not shown to do as much as "repel" the dust, but makes it extremely easy to wash off.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have had ebc greenstuff pads on my car for about 2 weeks and wow - no more dust. I used to have to wash my wheels every couple of days with stock pads.

wheel wax is basically car wax - as study said it makes it nice and easy to spray the dust off.

~Z~

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I have the hawks HPS and they were like $70/fronts. I put 4 layers of blackfire on my wheels before swapping them out w/ the oems after the winter, should last all season till winter. Using a polymer is better than a carnuba w/ the heat. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Obviously changing the pads will do the work....I changed the pads and started using Michelin Brake Dust Repeller and it works **** good.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Jul 14 2005, 08:49 PM
Hawk HPS pads are also the only thing I've found that reduce the dust. Next time you have to replace your pads, I recommend switching. They're not very expensive at all.

Also, you can try waxing your wheels. For some it has not shown to do as much as "repel" the dust, but makes it extremely easy to wash off.
[snapback]132094[/snapback]​

I agree; change the pads now if you can. They usually cost about $65 from any of the online vendors.

I noticed a huge difference after replacing my pads. I also took off all the wheels, scrubbed them as best I could, then waxed them. It seems to help when washing the wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts