HELP !!!!

thinking of

350z coupe or roadster

give me any tips bout which one id like better

or evolution 9...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Coupe all the way. Of course, being in NJ you'd have to worry about winter weather which I don't recommend driving the Z.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pick up the coupe and save for a winter beater and you will be very happy. The evo 9 is an awesome car but it has to many downfalls. Ugly interior and moderate extorior. The intercooler looks mean but I see more heads turn for my Z then for many cars and the evo. The Z has the apperance of a fifty thousand dollar car.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I personally prefer the coupe, only time I would get the roadster is if it were to be a garage queen and only come out in great weather, otherwise i'd stick with the coupe.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by Hazade@Aug 25 2005, 07:54 AM
I personally prefer the coupe, only time I would get the roadster is if it were to be a garage queen and only come out in great weather, otherwise i'd stick with the coupe.
[snapback]149210[/snapback]​

Or if they came out with T-Tops. Yeah!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I prefer the coupe and that is one reason i got it...i dont like the styling of the back of the roadster..but if you like the top down and the wind and sun on your head by all means go for the roadster!

I agree that the Z gets more head turns than the EVO does...and dont he Evos have some crazy electrical problems? (not sure about this but thats what i heard) many on thier forums complain about thier cars

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Coupe. Less trouble down the road than a convertible....which you would have the top down on how many times a year?....(less than you think, I bet...) The roadster only looks good top down IMO...

As for the Evo -a throwaway box IMO. The Z will at least outlive the payment book.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Evo 9. Not sure about the new 9 but the Evo 8 used the 4G63 motor which is the same as the 1990-1998 eclipse turbo. The Evo 8 has the same motor but on HIGH Boost, Im sure they beefed some things up but still. How many turbo eclipses do you still see on the road? Practically 0. Those things don't really last too long.

Z? well its slightly slower but you get a whole lot more respect with the Z. I guess its based on your age range. Early 20s ppl will give u big wow as you now have a Cool civicy looking car (Evo 9). Get the Z people in some Porsches look over at you and say "*******, that car is as fast as mine but cost 1/3 the price." Even homeless people on the side of freeways look as you get on the onramp. The Evo? Only kids will like it. LOL

Just my 2c.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Aug 25 2005, 02:45 PM

As for the Evo -a throwaway box IMO. 
[snapback]149357[/snapback]​

how bout toaster on wheels?
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/350z%20pics%20for%20tech/TOASTEROVEN.jpg');}" />

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by 24boosted@Aug 25 2005, 02:47 PM
Evo 9. Not sure about the new 9 but the Evo 8 used the 4G63 motor which is the same as the 1990-1998 eclipse turbo. The Evo 8 has the same motor but on HIGH Boost, Im sure they beefed some things up but still. How many turbo eclipses do you still see on the road? Practically 0. Those things don't really last too long.

Z? well its slightly slower but you get a whole lot more respect with the Z. I guess its based on your age range. Early 20s ppl will give u big wow as you now have a Cool civicy looking car (Evo 9). Get the Z people in some Porsches look over at you and say "*******, that car is as fast as mine but cost 1/3 the price." Even homeless people on the side of freeways look as you get on the onramp. The Evo? Only kids will like it. LOL

Just my 2c.
[snapback]149359[/snapback]​

:rolf2: So true! The other day some kids were riding by on their bikes and I overheard them say that when they grow up, they want a car just like my Z! :irock:

:wtf: is an EVO 9? :nana:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 25 2005, 01:52 PM

:wtf: is an EVO 9? :nana:
[snapback]149382[/snapback]​

:lmfao: See above photo. Toast on wheels. :rolf2:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've had 8 verts over the years.

I might have bought a Z Vert if it was perhaps $3k more than the coupe.

But - realistically - I've had my fill of road debris - traffic noise and leaks!

If it was a weekend car - yeah. :cheers:

PS - I plan on driving this car in such a manner that a rollover might be possible!

Let's ride. I'm too old to be too careful anymore.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by RUFDRAFT@Aug 25 2005, 10:48 PM

But - realistically - I've had my fill of road debris - traffic noise and leaks!

If it was a weekend car - yeah.  :cheers:

PS - I plan on driving this car in such a manner that a rollover might be possible!

[snapback]149477[/snapback]​

Well said. :clap: Can you see me in your rearview? :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Aug 25 2005, 09:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-RUFDRAFT
@Aug 25 2005, 10:48 PM

If it was a weekend car - yeah. :cheers:

[snapback]149477[/snapback]​

Well said. :clap: Can you see me in your rearview? :shiftdrive:
[snapback]149478[/snapback]​

:yourock:

"Objects in my mirror are Losing!"

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
BTW - don't know where you are in MN - but I've got a sister (ugly) in Rochester!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have "Objects in mirror appear to be losing" and only 1 person has noticed it. It's on the driver side mirror. Love it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I live in NJ

NOrthern NJ / Uptown Ny

I hear it snows here alot

do you think I should get this car

because if i do i will be using this for my daily driver

someone told me if i get winter tires it will be alright

but want to hear sum feedback

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Originally posted by 350zz@Aug 28 2005, 08:05 PM
I live in NJ

NOrthern NJ / Uptown Ny

I hear it snows here alot

do you think I should get this car

because if i do i will be using this for my daily driver

someone told me if i get winter tires it will be alright

but want to hear sum feedback
[snapback]150114[/snapback]​

I lived in CT for 25 years. A Z in the winter? No.
Unless you can buy a winter car for days that it's slippery.
Got to be truthful with you. Snow tires or not. Ain't gonna work. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts