Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!! Just got back from Oklahoma a few hours ago after buying a 2003 Silverstone Touring. This thing is mint, not a scratch on it and only has 3k miles. It was a thrill driving it home.

I would like to get a bra for the front of the car since I will be making some road trips. Any suggestions on good brands and where to buy? Does Nissan make one? I would also like to get one of the S2000 style antennas. Is there a place on the internet that I can order one? I would guess that they are pretty easy to install?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Welcome to the Z club! You can try Courtesy Nissan for the bra, or look in the classifieds section. As for the antenna, I think you can buy a similar kind from almost any of the Z retailers. Check out the sponsors button on top of the page and click on any or all of them to find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Instead of the traditional bra, you might want to look into a clear bra. I never did when I had an OEM bumper and regretted it. Somehow, that bumper just loves to suck up rocks and eventually looks like the dark side of the moon.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS on your Z!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Glad to have ya!

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Congrats on the Z :welcome:

Clear bra is definitely the way to go. A few different companies make them, 3m seems to make a good one. Of course these are a bit more expensive than the conventional bras

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I will probably look into the clear bra although I'm tight on cash after buying the car. Are there any rubbing issues with the oem bra? I don't want to harm the paint by trying to protect it. Thanks for the replies, I will try posting some pictures tonight if I can get my brothers camera to work with my computer.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
[/quote]

I had the OEM bra at first and there were no issues w/ rubbing or marring the paint. You just have to make sure the Z is super clean when you put it on....and not to leave it on in the rain b/c you might cloud the paint. So that being said, I'd go w/ the clear bra as well....my bumper now looks like "the dark side of the moon" like Kenny said. Also if you are planning to upgrading your grille or putting a radiator cooling panel on the OEM bra is out of the question b/c of how it clips on. That's why I can't use mine anymore....

Oh and :welcome: and Congrats on the purcahse :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]

I had the OEM bra at first and there were no issues w/ rubbing or marring the paint. You just have to make sure the Z is super clean when you put it on....and not to leave it on in the rain b/c you might cloud the paint. So that being said, I'd go w/ the clear bra as well....my bumper now looks like "the dark side of the moon" like Kenny said. Also if you are planning to upgrading your grille or putting a radiator cooling panel on the OEM bra is out of the question b/c of how it clips on. That's why I can't use mine anymore....

Oh and :welcome: and Congrats on the purcahse :cheers:
<div align="right">[snapback]86752[/snapback]
[/quote]
Jinxxy makes a good point about clouding the paint...It is a pain if you have the bra on, it rains and then the sun comes out right after the rain. You have to remove the wet bra or risk damage to the paint as it heats up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congratulations GB! I was hoping you would get one sooner, than later! :clap:

I haven't looked into the antenna yet but I did buy a Colgan bra, if my Z gets fixed and the weather holds up we can meet up this weekend and you can take a look at it. I haven't had any problems with mine, although I wish I would have purchased it alot sooner.
that bumper just loves to suck up rocks and eventually looks like the dark side of the moon.
Ernie....I think you're right about the bumper being a rock magnet..........mine looks BRUTAL!

I'll try to remember to bring my digital camera and we can get some pics.

Oh yeah, I looked into a clear bra way back and called a couple of places around town to get some info....no help! :banghead: We may have to look futher outside the state....like OK or KC.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey Kenny, I assume you use that Invinca-Shield, or if not do you know how the install and quality is? I'm planning to do something similar when I get my new bumper. Thanks!

Sorry GB, wasn't trying to hijack! :nana:

·
Registered
60 Posts
New member welcoming a new member :welcome:
Congrats on the new ride. Hope to see you around town since Bogart and I live in Wichita as well.

-Bootay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts