Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be moving back to Boston (I go to school there) tomorrow (9/3), and I was wondering if there were any local Z groups in or right around the city. I'm interested in getting involved in the Z culture, and need a good place to start.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Good luck in Boston. Most of my family is there. I moved from there in '92. In Vegas now. If you hear of any Z groups, let me know. I'd love to meet up with them next time I'm out there (probably around Thanksgiving).

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to Northeastern. Seriously, there is no Z loving up here???

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As helpful as that post was Tmak, thanks for reviving this thread (Nevermind, thought it was a new revive, was at the top of the list). Saw a Turbo marked Z sitting off Newbury Street a month or so ago, and a Super Black Z with aftermarket rims sitting in Northeasterns Parking lot about a week ago. Anybody here own either of them?

·
Registered
483 Posts
and you're comparing this to hartford? a state that has 4 of the poorest cities in the country? haha.
Your point being? Still one of the richest (was the richest) state despite the bad cities. Blow up Hartford, Waterbury, Bridgeport for all I care. I have no tolerence for the ghetto and the idiots

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Your point being? Still one of the richest (was the richest) state despite the bad cities. Blow up Hartford, Waterbury, Bridgeport for all I care. I have no tolerence for the ghetto and the idiots
it still is the richest state i believe. doesn't mean it's the smartest. :) there isn't one city in CT in the in the top 25 smartest cities in the US...whereas boston is #8.

where in CT are you from? i have friends from all over the state (went to university of hartford on scholarship). :)

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Boston was also rated at #1 for having the best drivers, do you really believe in that?
I do. Takes some serious skill to navigate that city. I'm in Vegas now, but I learned to drive in Boston. The driver's out here are absolute morons. Every time I go back to Boston, it's like driving nirvana. Driving out there looks like chaos, but there's a pattern and a rythem to it. You know when someone's going to cut you off and you allow for it. In Boston, I can feel what the other drivers around me are doing. Here in Vegas, people are so stupid, that you can't predict what they're going to do because there's no rhyme or reason to it. I can't tell you how many times a day I ask myself, "what the **** is this person doing?"

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Boston was also rated at #1 for having the best drivers, do you really believe in that?

I live in West Hartford
regardless of what people think of boston drivers....boston has the least accidents per capita. that's what they call "best drivers". i'm not sure i'd call them "best drivers"...haha...but, boston does have the least accidents per capita and that's how that study was done. :)

where in west hartford? over by UHA?

·
Registered
483 Posts
How do you get into accident when cars dont move? Also MA has one of the highest insurance rate the last time I checked with their wacked out system.

I work a block from University of Hartford, lived on Farmington Ave.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
How do you get into accident when cars dont move? Also MA has one of the highest insurance rate the last time I checked with their wacked out system.

I work a block from University of Hartford, lived on Farmington Ave.
they have the 4th highest auto rate (NJ is #1, DC is #2, NY is #3 and MA is #4. kansas, wisconsin and nebraska are the three lowest). and, yes, it's ridiculous. haha.

driving IN hartford isn't much better (well, it wasn't the 4 years i lived there). traffic is traffic. seems like rush hour there is just as bad as boston. d'oh! boston just has more roads with traffic! haha. (i, honestly, have to say that the big dig just isn't working as they say it should. booooo!). what's that tunnel over by the civic center?? the place that hartford claims has more accidents in that one spot than most states do in a year (because of the sun). the sun is just terrible on 84 (throughout hartford) similar to the way it is on parts of 95 (in MA). man, i hate driving when the sun is right in that spot where the visor doesn't cover!! that's why i work late...and leave when the sun is down. haha

hopefully you work a block in the nice direction....not a block in the ghetto direction. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Idiots are taking over the world, I need to buy my own island or something.

I am on the good side, I still see the nice college gals running in the summer time.

they have the 4th highest auto rate (NJ is #1, DC is #2, NY is #3 and MA is #4. kansas, wisconsin and nebraska are the three lowest). and, yes, it's ridiculous. haha.

driving IN hartford isn't much better (well, it wasn't the 4 years i lived there). traffic is traffic. seems like rush hour there is just as bad as boston. d'oh! boston just has more roads with traffic! haha. (i, honestly, have to say that the big dig just isn't working as they say it should. booooo!). what's that tunnel over by the civic center?? the place that hartford claims has more accidents in that one spot than most states do in a year (because of the sun). the sun is just terrible on 84 (throughout hartford) similar to the way it is on parts of 95 (in MA). man, i hate driving when the sun is right in that spot where the visor doesn't cover!! that's why i work late...and leave when the sun is down. haha

hopefully you work a block in the nice direction....not a block in the ghetto direction. :)

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Saw a Turbo marked Z sitting off Newbury Street a month or so ago, and a Super Black Z with aftermarket rims sitting in Northeasterns Parking lot about a week ago.
Just saw this. Wasn't me 'cause I'm in Vegas, but I did used to live on Newbury Street in Somerville.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah, Def. MA is high for insurance. but my family has been going through an insurange company that gives good rates. I have a full coverage policy and i only pay 128 a mo. I am 23. Thats not bad for a 2door sports car w/ full coverage. Gotta hand it to the Z's saftey rating. Good Good Stuff

1 - 20 of 33 Posts