Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having issues with my Bose 6-disk CD player... The AM/FM is fine, however when I play a CD it keeps cutting out every second and is definitely not okay to listen to. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I have a huge laundry list of things to take care of at the dealership tomorrow... Just bought this car, and I'm having some issues seemingly uncalled for. ::wierd:: :headshake:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I believe this was a common problem with the Bose unit. LBSOHK (who no longer has his Z) went through something like 8 Bose head units

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Is it SKIPPING? Def. have them check it out while you are at it, can't hurt!!! Mine only skips if it's cold outside when I first start her up. (it plays warm CD's if it's cold, like if I bring one from the house, but the ones that are in the disc player when I start her up skip if that makes sense....)

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Mine never skipped. HU's with quirks are not uncommon as DiRN pointed out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 2 2005, 10:05 AM
Is it SKIPPING? Def. have them check it out while you are at it, can't hurt!!!  Mine only skips if it's cold outside when I first start her up. (it plays warm CD's if it's cold, like if I bring one from the house, but the ones that are in the disc player when I start her up skip if that makes sense....)
[snapback]140449[/snapback]​

Yes, it is skipping. It Makes sense to me what you said, however I keep my car in a garage and sometimes even under the car cover inside the garage. I would imagine that should be sufficient enough to keep everything warm. I plan to replace the factory double din bose unit with a navigation/dvd system sometime in the near future, but I shall definitely have this checked out. As a matter of fact, the previous owner of my newly aquired Z had this bose unit repaired or replaced under warranty already. I just now realized he had mentioned something about that a while back. Overall, I completely hate this particular Bose system in general. The sound quality is so poor. :doh:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 2 2005, 04:05 PM
Wow NourZ that sucks.  Are they on backorder or something???
[snapback]140667[/snapback]​

All they say "we don't have it yet, we'll call you when it arives".

Also my clutch makes a squeeky noise and I was told that parts has been ordered "month and half ago" last week I went and was about to kill someone :chair: turns out that they didn't even order the parts for my clutch, they thought it was the clicking axle noise "which I also have" and nothing for the clucth "which sounds like a f'd up spring matress".

SO... Now list of parts I'm waiting to get replaced is:

- Bose HU
- Axle bearings
- Clutch and clutch pedal
- Transmission
- I'm getting rattels in the dashbord
- Window grease

On top of all that someone tried to steal my wheels last week, the socket they tried to use was bigger than the groove, so they list small scratches on the side walls....BASTARDS.

I feel better now

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/quote]

BASTARDS.

I feel better now
[snapback]140704[/snapback]​
[/quote]

LOL... I'm sorry. I feel your pain man... Good luck with all of that! :werd:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ+Aug 2 2005, 04:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat
@Aug 2 2005, 04:05 PM
Wow NourZ that sucks. Are they on backorder or something???
[snapback]140667[/snapback]​

All they say "we don't have it yet, we'll call you when it arives".

Also my clutch makes a squeeky noise and I was told that parts has been ordered "month and half ago" last week I went and was about to kill someone :chair: turns out that they didn't even order the parts for my clutch, they thought it was the clicking axle noise "which I also have" and nothing for the clucth "which sounds like a f'd up spring matress".

SO... Now list of parts I'm waiting to get replaced is:

- Bose HU
- Axle bearings
- Clutch and clutch pedal
- Transmission
- I'm getting rattels in the dashbord
- Window grease

On top of all that someone tried to steal my wheels last week, the socket they tried to use was bigger than the groove, so they list small scratches on the side walls....BASTARDS.

I feel better now
[snapback]140704[/snapback]​

Have you made contact with anyone higher up the ladder than your local dealership about this? ...that is quite the list you have going. Glad the fvckers didn't make off with you wheels.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I am on my 3rd non bose head unit. I am about to need my 4th - they like to eat my cds and then spit them out.

CRAP!!!!!!!

~Z~

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Zach@Aug 2 2005, 06:35 PM
I am on my 3rd non bose head unit. I am about to need my 4th - they like to eat my cds and then spit them out.

CRAP!!!!!!!

~Z~
[snapback]140791[/snapback]​

OUCH!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by MRballer350z@Aug 2 2005, 11:25 AM
I am having issues with my Bose 6-disk CD player... The AM/FM is fine, however when I play a CD it keeps cutting out every second and is definitely not okay to listen to. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I have a huge laundry list of things to take care of at the dealership tomorrow... Just bought this car, and I'm having some issues seemingly uncalled for. ::wierd::  :headshake:
[snapback]140402[/snapback]​

i've just changed my deck,with the same problems like yours man!they told me that they won't fix the deck,they'll just replace them.that's cool by me.So now with the NEW deck inplace,i notice they start to skip again every once awhile,also the right hand speaker start to f**k up too.Just wonder if you have that problem too?
oh yeah,they also tell me not to play any burned cd??did they tell you the same thing??my 350z is 2004 model,and i bought it band new.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by alnfong+Aug 2 2005, 11:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MRballer350z
@Aug 2 2005, 11:25 AM
I am having issues with my Bose 6-disk CD player... The AM/FM is fine, however when I play a CD it keeps cutting out every second and is definitely not okay to listen to. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I have a huge laundry list of things to take care of at the dealership tomorrow... Just bought this car, and I'm having some issues seemingly uncalled for. ::wierd:: :headshake:
[snapback]140402[/snapback]​

i've just changed my deck,with the same problems like yours man!they told me that they won't fix the deck,they'll just replace them.that's cool by me.So now with the NEW deck inplace,i notice they start to skip again every once awhile,also the right hand speaker start to f**k up too.Just wonder if you have that problem too?
oh yeah,they also tell me not to play any burned cd??did they tell you the same thing??my 350z is 2004 model,and i bought it band new.
[snapback]140850[/snapback]​

No, mine doesn't do that, but i'll tell you what... I'm about to rip this HU out of my car and throw it out the **** window... this thing is like a **** MCdonalds crap toy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey Nourz
i think the dealership if f'n with you
i'm a parts guy at the local Shift-dealer over here
and i order radios all day long
it only takes a day to come in
clarion overnights them to us when the order is placed
i've had the same problem with my z
i've gone thru 4 radio's myself

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by brkyrdz@Aug 15 2005, 11:22 PM
hey Nourz
  i think the dealership if f'n with you
i'm a parts guy at the local Shift-dealer over here
and i order radios all day long
it only takes a day to come in
clarion overnights them to us when the order is placed
i've had the same problem with my z
i've gone thru 4 radio's myself
[snapback]145961[/snapback]​

What's the point in even replacing them if it has to be done several times??? Seems like everyone who is having this issue has to replace the radio atleast 2 or 3 times... :banghead: I guess eventually, you'll get one that works right... My question is.. It seems that it is only the 03' model Z's that are having this problem... How acome they can't replace them with the 04' or 05' versions...??

·
Registered
270 Posts
My radio has an issue too... sometimes when i accel or press clutch or brake one side of the car speakers cuts off.... it gets really annoying and i have to bang the side of the radio for it to come back in... when i took it to the dealer they said that it was fine the 1st time... 2nd time they said its because i use burnt cds and then i told them it also happens with regular cds and they didn't believe me... the 3rd time they said again there is nothing worng with it... im really pissed off about it... :banghead:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts