Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just had an estimate from a local Audio Dealer. Wanted to come here and see what the guru's think about the set-up I am considering.

Eclipse 6" Two Way Components in the doors (SC8264)

JL Audio 75Wx4 Amplifier (300/4)

Eclipse CD8445 Head Unit

JL Audio 10" W3V2 Subwoofer

The installer wants to use the empty compartment behind the driver seat that would have been the Bose subwoofer enclosure. He is going to construct a box in there made of fiberglass. I will push the door speakers and sub from the JL Amp. I was considering using the deck amp to push the stock rear speakers with the option to just turn them off if it doesn't sound good.

Has anyone used the old Bose compartment for a new set-up? How does it sound? Will I feel like I have a vibrator up my back while driving?!? :shiftdrive:

EDIT:I have seen some posts of people placing the Basslink in this enclosure but was curious if anyone has actually built a box in here. I noticed I can get a replacement cover that actually acts as a speaker cover. I will definitely get this if I move forward with the build. I really like the homemade boxes placed under the Z strut in the back and I imagine it would sound better? I am just afraid to be too flashy because I store my baby in a carport and don't want to draw attention to the interior....vandals have already broken into my girlfriends car at this location.

I will admit, it is alot more than I want to spend but if it sounds great, it will be worth the coin.

Any advice and/or input would be great!

Thanks guys and gals..you have been invaluable!

~Court

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really looking for suggestions/help here for stealth bass location. Looking to do this within a week or so. Has anyone had or heard a speaker from the Bose subwoofer location? Obviously, Bose owners have. Any of you guys upgraded that location?

:newbie: :helpsmilie:

~Court

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I know alot of people have put subwoofers there.. It is not the optimal location for sound quality, but it will sound good..

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you are having someone fab it for you, it should be less than doing something exposed simply because there is a lot less finish work to do.

On my system I ended up with the sub in a back corner and it sounds great but I am always worried about something in the trunk messing up the box.

+1 on the rears, I had mine down all the way and now just have them off. I should not even have spent the money on the speakers. Spend more on the fronts and forget the backs.

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys...

I figured it will not be optimal but it will be hidden and that is a major concern in my situation.

Shep, your car looks fantastic! Very nice looking system you have there!

Thanks again fellas. :yourock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
did you have to construct a box for the sub to fit in the hole where the bose sub should go? I have seen the sub mounting bracket and speaker grill online and was wondering if a free-air would work in the application or should i build a box?

My sub is located in the OE Bose location...sounds fine.

link to install pics

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8469

I recommend disabling the rear OE speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts