Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... who here thinks the factory BOSE sound system is too weak? I personally think its not strong enough. Even with a 10" sub i still think its a bit disappointing given its a BOSE. What do u guys think? Lets have some comments. I've seen some members with really impressive after market sound system installed. But is there any suggestion of what I can do 2 improve the quality of the sound from the original speakers and sub? Is adding in an amp recommended? Or is it better to change the whole thing entirely? Can anyone post a pic of what they've done to their sound system? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well to be honest with you..the bose system is not the strongest out there, however its pretty decent for the amount of power it gives. but if you are planning to go with something bigger, yeah then u need to upgrade to an after market product...

i was ok with the Bose i had, i actually liked it :)

but i have seen better bose out there.....

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Hi all... who here thinks the factory BOSE sound system is too weak? I personally think its not strong enough. Even with a 10" sub i still think its a bit disappointing given its a BOSE. What do u guys think? Lets have some comments. I've seen some members with really impressive after market sound system installed. But is there any suggestion of what I can do 2 improve the quality of the sound from the original speakers and sub? Is adding in an amp recommended? Or is it better to change the whole thing entirely? Can anyone post a pic of what they've done to their sound system? Thanks in advance...
You will need to make significant changes to see any benefits. The Bose system is all proprietary components so it doesnt play well with aftermarket parts.

You cant just add an amp to the factory speakers. You need to set some type of budget and we can help you out with some good recommendations.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
My old Z32 needed to be gutted. Actually, we used the stock door speakers but bypassed the amps by creating our own power supply in each door that fed off a main amp in the back. I think my Kenwood HU powered the tweeters we custom installed in the space next to the side mirrors. That system rocked!

I'm considering replacing the Bose in my Z eventually, when the money faerie looks kindly down upon me. :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm... what a waste... I guess i was having too high hope on the BOSE speakers. lol. Yeah i'll definately install an aftermarket system... "when" i get my car.... arrrghhh... its only 3 days passed... i still have to wait for another 3 months.... :banghead: well thanks guys... will definatelly look for help from u guys for good recommendations. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
good luck then man..make sure you get a nice combination of it all.

The Z is awesome when it has the right sound system installed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts