Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a Borla exhaust system on their Z? If so, how was the install, how do they sound and were you happy with them? I'm installing the exhaust system Saturday and just want some preliminary opinions if anyone has any.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
honestly for $60 at a muffler shop it was well worth it, especially saving time!! i say take it to a local shop and get it done, unless you want to do it yourself

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
It's my second favorite exhaust for the Z, right behind the Nismo. I think you'll love it... and if you don't, you can give it to me :thumbsup:

Unless you have access to a lift, I'd take it to a muffler shop. It will be cheap, and they know what they are doing. They will be able to tighten everything down right.

Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The Borla TD was the same exhaust that I was wanting to get for quite some time... until I heard the new APS TD exhaust. Sounds freaking amazing IMO! The price difference is substantial, however.

The APS TD sounds very similar to a Porsche Turbo. :clap:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have a lift which will help alot. Nothing worse than working under a car that's on floor jacks!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have had my Borla TD on for about 18 months now and I really like it. Don't be surprised that if after you install it the car doesn't sound too different. It took mine a week or so before it really sounded different to me. I have heard that others have said the same.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
had it on my Z , loved it ... took me few good hours to take off our stock exhaust and put it Borla , but I had no lift and was doing all the work on the street... If you have time and like to work on your own car - go for it , pretty easy stuff :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a muffler shop do it for $60 and it took them 20 mins, it would have taken me 2 hours to do, money well spent to have it done & I see everyone on here complaining about leaks & rattles, I havent had any of the problems, the only problem i have with the borla is the sound, its not loud enough.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had a muffler shop do it for $60 and it took them 20 mins, it would have taken me 2 hours to do, money well spent to have it done & I see everyone on here complaining about leaks & rattles, I havent had any of the problems, the only problem i have with the borla is the sound, its not loud enough.

You could remove the 2 center resonators/mufflers. That may make it louder. I don't know how it would sound though. Do you still have cats on the car? Replacing them with resonated test pipes, which is the path I took, makes it louder without chnging the tone too much.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've had my Borla for almost 2 years now. I still love it.

To me it was worth taking to a shop for the install. Most places warranty their work so if you do develop a rattle or something, they'll fix it for free. To me that's worth the $. In 2 years I have only had 1 rattle which was fixed in about 2 minutes. One of my pipes got knock by debris and would hit the stabilyzer bar at idle on warm days. A quick twist and it was fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts