Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before I get all the critizm yes I did all kinds of searches for this! My question is does anyone know if there's a sound difference between the y pipe style borla exhaust and the TD version? Also is there any performance gains over the other? I was just thinking that the y pipe was cheaper and probably saved more on weight, but I haven't seen too many people use this exhaust. Any help would be greatfully appreciated! :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I cant comment on the sound, but typically all of the aftermarket exhausts give about the same performance numbers for N/A engines. if you are going forced induction you would want the dual for sure. I dont think you would save much on weight if any. How much cheaper is the ypipe version? I thought they were about the same price.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i would also have to agree that the dual would be better for FI setups. as far as sound i wasnt even aware that it came in a ypipe model. i have the dual with test pipes and love it. i know daking had and might still have that dual setup with his FI

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by JTS2005@Jun 28 2005, 04:54 PM
i would also have to agree that the dual would be better for FI setups.  as far as sound i wasnt even aware that it came in a ypipe model.  i have the dual with test pipes and love it.  i know daking had and might still have that dual setup with his FI
[snapback]123550[/snapback]​

yeah, it is a stock Y-pipe back system (not a cat-back)

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys! for the guys that own borla TD have you found it any cheaper than 700(www.300ZXstore.com)?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
has anyone had a good/bad experience w/ intensepower.com? I can't wait to hear they're reaction when I tell them I found the TD for 699!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by tonysZ33@Jun 30 2005, 12:36 AM
has anyone had a good/bad experience w/ intensepower.com?  I can't wait to hear they're reaction when I tell them I found the TD for 699!
[snapback]124276[/snapback]​

they have always treated me well, and have always gone out of the way to verify what is and is not in stock at different suppliers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, I emailed them today(supposedly email takes them forever to respond). They want you to call them but thats not an option since I'm deployed w/ the military for another 2 weeks. :banghead:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
quote=tonysZ33,Jun 30 2005, 11:11 AM]
cool, I emailed them today(supposedly email takes them forever to respond). They want you to call them but thats not an option since I'm deployed w/ the military for another 2 weeks. :banghead:
[snapback]124529[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You could PM Darren from Intense:

1ntenze

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I got mine on special thru tony at superchargersonline.com but that was ages ago....$650....like I said it was a special for zchickz....:dunno:

On the sound, it sounds GREAT, nice deep rumble, not annoyingly loud or anything but it sounds so sweet!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I heard the sound clip yesterday sounds nice....toykilla thanks for the link!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts