Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k guys just bought an 03 track edition, and it came with the borla catback, its just to quite, will getting the test pipes help with performance and make it louder? also will test pipes bolt up to stock headers and bolt up to the catback? thanks for any input

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Originally posted by badass1g@Jun 15 2005, 08:32 PM
k guys just bought an 03 track edition, and it came with the borla catback, its just to quite, will getting the test pipes help with performance and make it louder? also will test pipes bolt up to stock headers and bolt up to the catback? thanks for any input
[snapback]114969[/snapback]​

You shouldn't have any difficulties with the Test Pipes mating to either the manifold or you Borla Exhaust. Best way to get to the top bolts on the cats is from the engine bay daisy chainging a couple of long extensions. (Been there more times than I want to admit) :doh:

The Borla is known for being quiet at certain RPMs but it WILL scream if pushed. :werd:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok you guys are confusing me, lol, if i put test pipes in dont that get rid of the cats? also will it make it louder?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Test pipes will eliminate cats and make it louder.

Lutchiano suggested replacing your cats with high flow cats instead of test pipes.

Test pipes will be a louder/meaner sound though and will be much cheaper. I'd do that if I didn't have to worry about emmissions.

·
Registered
470 Posts
if u want it louder get test pipes and headers!! i dont know how the borla sounds do u have a sound clip?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Or sell me your Borla for a good price and then buy something else. :)

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Originally posted by badass1g@Jun 17 2005, 12:13 PM
will i lose power with the test pipes? also maximz how much would you pay?
[snapback]116676[/snapback]​

No you won't lose power with test pipes - just pollute more :doh:

Used Borla will run between $450 - 600 depending on how "beat up" it is. (Lower the miles the higher the price)

·
Registered
57 Posts
when i put the test pipes on my z it was the best i did. def. noticed some extra power. will also bump up that exhaust note. high flow cats are overpriced and overrated.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by ssgtbarclay+Jun 18 2005, 01:24 PM-->
Is the Borla's that you have the True Dual or just the Cat Back Borla's?
<!--QuoteBegin-badass1g
@Jun 15 2005, 08:02 PM
k guys just bought an 03 track edition, and it came with the borla catback

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, it really is a true dual i seen the pics of the non dual and its definatly not that one, **** it is still to quiet for me, i want the exhaust to be LOUD :irock:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Cat-back and true dual are the same thing. Cat-back refers to catalytic-converter-back, so if you buy an exhaust that has a y-pipe and muffler, it's a cat-back, same thing with true-dual. True-Dual and Y-Pipe+muffler are both cat-backs, just ran differently.

badass1g, test pipes would do it, non-resonated would make it as loud as it can get, non-resonated would be a little more tame. And, if you want loud, get Megan Racing, quality is fine, but they are made to be loud. (kinda like skunk2 product loud)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Go on ebay and search for megan racing. BTW, I was just talking about their test pipes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts