Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on my snow tires over the weekend. When I removed the front rims I noticed a 12mm bolt and sleeve sticking out of the front rotor in between the lugs. The bolt is about 3/4" long and it is positioned in the rotor so that it fits into a relief in the rim located in between the lug pattern. What is this for? I had to remove it to fit my snow tires+rims, car seems to drive fine without it.

wish I had a pic, sorry.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
It's there so you don't use the factory rear wheels on the front and the front wheels on the rear. Most people, including me, have to remove them when putting on aftermarket wheels, and it doesn't have any effect on the car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I put on my snow tires over the weekend. When I removed the front rims I noticed a 12mm bolt and sleeve sticking out of the front rotor in between the lugs. The bolt is about 3/4" long and it is positioned in the rotor so that it fits into a relief in the rim located in between the lug pattern. What is this for? I had to remove it to fit my snow tires+rims, car seems to drive fine without it.

wish I had a pic, sorry.
bought 4 wheels and nokia severe weather and was told bolt was not needed, just for factorymwhell hold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts