Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The December issue of Modified Mag reviews some bolts-ons for their project Z.
  • Secret Weapon Intake
  • DC Sports Exhaust
  • Altered Atmosphere Motorsports (AAM) plenum spacer
  • AAM ECU reflash
The AAM plenum advertises a 10 rear-whp for $269. They dyno'd the Z for a baseline at 220rwhp. After the install that went up to 233rwhp. Ummm ... that's right at $20 per rwhp.

Then AAM offered their ECU reflash and they ended up with a dyno of 246rwhp.

P.S. Was just about to post this .. when I noticed something. The first page of the article shows the Modified Mag Z on the dyno. I looked down and to the bottom right is a "350Z TECH" in a red box. :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The December issue of Modified Mag reviews some bolts-ons for their project Z.
  • Secret Weapon Intake
  • DC Sports Exhaust
  • Altered Atmosphere Motorsports (AAM) plenum spacer
  • AAM ECU reflash
    [/

• :irock: I'll be at Weapon-R this weekend on the dyno. :nana:

·
Registered
305 Posts
actually they numbers are really lower than what they should be but thats is all because those kick ass huge heavy wheels are robbin em

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
their website isnt working

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
AAM is a wonderful shop.

I picked up 25/24 peak and 30/30 midrange (whp/wheel torque) from similar parts and headers.

Going to have them do the HKS Supercharger install with VPro and custom tune. Should be fun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
HAHAHAHA I was just about to post almost the same thing. I just bought the same mag here and read the article lol. But you beat me to it. :banghead: I was hoping to get my first advice post lol. **** IT. I have been buing all the magzines that I can find so I know what I am talking about... well somewhat. but here is one ?

You said the heavy wheels are taking the horsepower. I read that every 6 lbs you add to a wheel you loose 1hp. I was thinking of going with some 19 inch rims. Is it going to cut my hp alot or alittle?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
you want light weight for more than just power. Lighter wheels stop and turn much better also.

My 19" wheels weigh less than the stock 17" :) So it's all in what you buy.

I think 19" looks great on the Z. Just make sure they aren't more than say 25lb each. In comparison, the TE37 I bought in 19" are just around 19lb.

I'm not sure about the 1 hp loss per added 6 lb. Wheels are rotating mass.. so it's worse off. You can save quite a bit of weight by reducing mass on items that rotate.

the old bike theory was for every 7lb you lost, you "gained" 1hp.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well on in the newbie thread. There is a sticky that says
Wheels: If you are most interested in looks, 19” might be your best bet. Just remember the 2 negatives of 19” tires. Negative #1 is you will run a very low profile tire thus more likely to bend a wheel (and ride a little rougher). Negative #2: weight of wheel is greater and for every 6lbs you add to a wheel/tire, you lose 1 hp.
That is in350z-tech

I am not a hundred percent positive. I am real new to this :newbie:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts