Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man I droped my car off monday they told me it would be ready weds. I call them wed and they say there paint compressor broke so they didnt get paint on. Tell me I can pick it up thursday at 5pm. so I get a ride drive to the other side of town and what do I see? my car covered in plastic with no bodykit on and no paint on the kit. so they say it will be painted today (thurs night) and ready by noon friday. well just called and they just finnished the last coat of clear. so they are saying it will be dry and installed by 4pm today.

Man for $1300 you think they could stay on top of this better.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Where were you having your work done? If you don't want to list the place, in what town was the work being done?

Considering that this place was waiting to get your job done, they might have tried to rush things to get teh job done quickly. If I were you I would really look over the job before I accept it, knowing the circumstances, I would want to make sure that they didn't mess up the paint. I would also ask them how many layers of paint did they apply, as well as how many layers of clear.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I know how you feel. Took me about 2 weeks to get my chin spoiler done...Unfortunately, most of us rely on the shop to not screw us for the money we pay to get the job done. If I had the money, it would go to someone who had a reputation to keep and promised stuff in writing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Zxrage@Oct 22 2004, 11:03 AM
Where were you having your work done?  If you don't want to list the place, in what town was the work being done?

Considering that this place was waiting to get your job done, they might have tried to rush things to get teh job done quickly.  If I were you I would really look over the job before I accept it, knowing the circumstances, I would want to make sure that they didn't mess up the paint.  I would also ask them how many layers of paint did they apply, as well as how many layers of clear.

CARRSS in Richmond VA> I agree take your time and do it right the first time

http://www.hotcarrss.com/index.htm

They are putting 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear. so they say. I know one thing that datona blue is $$$$$$$ $94 a court

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just acorss the river in chesterfeild.

OK guys check this out. I got my car back today they have overspray on the whole car (best way to get this off?) the right side skirt was only on by 5 screws. They didnt even use the screws that came with the GReedy skirts they must have lost them because they tryed to install it with sheet metal screws that were to short. so driving down the road my skirt could have fallen off. One skirt is lighter in color than the other one and both are lighter then the car inself. they are repainting monday for me. They installed the G35 wing and didnt hook the **** light up. I mean how in the **** could they miss that?

I am getting all this fixed on monday but I am really worryed about them buffing my paint and leaving swirl marks I have never seen anybody that knows what they are doing with a buffer as of yet. I guess thats the only way to get the overspray off my car?

man this just sucks there called the #1 place in richmond for things like this and they F#$% up my ride.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Chesterfield is my old stomping grounds, lived off of Arch road in Scottingham (the old part, moved there in 74 when I was 5. :biggrin: ) Parents are still there! I ran the Jewish Mother Restaurant/Bar on Midlothian tpk for a while.

About the Z, man you better put your foot up their butts and make 100 percent sure everything is right before you take her home. I suggest taking her in direct sunlight to make sure there are no imperfections that she didn't go in with. Don't leave until you are satisfied that the job was done right. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL bro I live right off arch just about 1 mile down reams in wintershill place

small world

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ride. Hope they make it right. Why aren't THEY cleaning up the overspray?

My friend had his G35 painted and somehow they managed to get overspray on his driver-side leather seat! (painting with the doors open?)

Unless you know the painter/bodyshop personnaly, it's a gamble.

Hope all turned out well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts