·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I thought you had gotten the Z repaired a while ago. Or had you just not gotten the body fixed?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am cursed. I have owned my 350Z since 3/1/03. That's 1 year, 4 1/2 months. I have been hit FOUR TIMES by other drivers. It has been the other driver's fault every time. This time a Metro Bus ran a red light in downtown L.A. As I pulled away from a light that just turned green, he hit me. It seemed pretty minor, just grazing the frist few inches of my front bumper at a perpendicular angle. But a Metro Bus weighs about 50 tons. Hood, both front fenders and front bumper are being replaced. Minor frame damage to the very front of the frame. It is in a very high quality body shop (Note the state-of-the-art frame machine) -- Official body shop of Beverly Hills Porsche.

I believe it will be fine. Probably another 3 weeks before I get my Z back. Just thought you would find the pics with the hood, 2 fenders and bumper removed interesting.

I was not hurt in the collision. There were 20 spanish-speaking riders on the bus. When I asked who would be a witness that the bus driver ran a red light, they scattered like dandelions in the wind. One guy stayed back, claiming he was injured. I asked him to be my witness. He said "me no speka English." The bus driver told him if he is really injured, bus driver will take a report. But if he is faking, he is big trouble. He disappeared as the bus driver and I exchanged info.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Richard, you must carry a magnet with you in every car you drive!. The Z and the Audi within a few months, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Is the S4 repaired yet?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the Audi S4 back yesterday. They did a great job repairing it. In the 2 months it was in the shop, i forgot how **** fast that thing is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Did you decide to keep the Audi? I thought you were getting rid of it. In any case, glad you're ok (again!), and hope your Z comes back good as new (again!). Man you have terrible luck... hope you stay away from Vegas

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am keeping the Audi S4. It had some damage to the B-pillar, which is part of the uni-body structure. You know how people always say "it will never be the same" about a car with frame damage? Well I generally believed that too.

But I got the car back last Friday. It looks great. It was at the official body shop of Beverly Hills Porsche and Hornburg Jaguar/Rover. They did a beautiful job. The Nogaro Blue pearl effect paint matches perfectly. They had to remove the B-pillar and weld in a new one.

I have been driving around at high speeds testing it out. I can't tell any difference from before the collision. In this case "it will be the same."

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
HOLY NO Richard! I just canNOT believe that I am reading this. What is happening out there???? I know that the Z is just too pretty to avoid looking at but WTF? It has degenerated into "I just have to HIT this car b/c it's too pretty to look at?"....All I know is that you must have these guys riding w/ you at all times--you have someone looking over you, 50 ton bus? GEEZ
BMW Angels link look here

...Buckle up Man!!! And thank goodness for insurance.....I bet you have more $ in damages than me and Lucy have, lets compare. To date: $42K in damages to Lucy baby (yep she's a keeper for sure!), and she looks like she's never been in an accident....

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jinxxycat -

Nice to hear from you. Yeah my life suggs this past year. But things are starting to get better. My broken hand from the S4 collision is pretty much healed. The latest Z collision will be repaired in a couple of weeks. My soon-to-be-ex-wife is beginning to accept that the divorce is inevitable. My kids love spending weekends with me at my beach condo. My shorts have stopped riding up on me.

Now if I could just find the right woman, all would be perfect. I guess the search will be fun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">That is quite the picture Richard. I'm guessing most of the people here would love to walk out at see that every morning.

"Hmm. Which car should I take to work today? The fast two door car? Or the fast four door car?"
</span>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts