Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I having a bit of difficulty sourcing a Nismo V1 rear spoiler for my 2008 350z. Alot of body kits that like only seem to be for 2005- models. I didnt realise that there were any modifications to the rear or side skirts on later models - can anyone confirm this? And if not why cant I slap on a V1 nismo rear spolier or side sills?

And if I can, where can I find one? They seem to have been discontinued.

Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
the spoilers and sideskirts all fit any year

the NISMO V1 spoiler was discontinued a long time ago - I had to search for 4 weeks to find one for a customer who absolutely had to have it, and that was back in April

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I think you will have to go for a replica at this point. Auto Infantry, M1 Autosport, and Shine Auto (I beleive) all sell good replicas. They are all sponsors on my350z.

I think that bodykits will fit all years. There may be a minor issue with the fender liners for the front bumper as those were changed when the bumper was updated in 06 but it isn't a big deal. The skirts and rear are identical I believe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found a Nismo V1 rear spoiler from Nissan Australia; the genuine article, and as a result AUD1845. Seeing I can pick up the same for around USD330 from one of the 350z sites, am I going to be suffering on the quality side of things? I dont want to spend money on anything I attach to my car that doesnt hold up to the factory finish.

Also if anyone has a V1 spoiler on the back of their Z, did you have to replace the stock hatch struts to keep the lid up when open?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
There are a couple of places in Astralia that do replicas of the Nismo V1 wing.

I even saw a CF copy on eBay Australia.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh Scathing,

I'm sure its possible to pick up any amount of stuff as long as you dont mind the quality dropping off....thats my biggest concern - if I can get the same quality for lesser price no prob. I dont have an issue forking out for something I really want, its only when if I can get the identical thing for cheaper it matters.

Nothing worse than a shade lighter than the original, a fitment that isnt quite flush, or a finish that just doesnt quite match the factory spec. I dont know about anyone else but stuff like that screams out at me when I look at it. Others might not notice but I know where to look seeing I did the mod.

Still I would rather spend USD330 on a spoiler instead of $1800, and the difference can go into my Borla exhaust fund....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts