Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Body kit help

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Dissident 
#1 ·
I will try to be brief. I am in the process of deciding what kit to go with.

1) Is it wrong to mix and match kits? (for example Greddy side skirts with a Nismo front spoiler and stock rear mudflaps and spolier?)

2) Is it wrong to have Nismo rims with an other-than-Nismo body kit or partial kit?

3) What is the best material and why, CF, plastic (PU, ABS, whatever), or FG?

I love the Greddy side skirts but I do not like the add-on lip as well as the Nismo or the Veilside. I alike the Nismo side skirt becasue it fits perfect and it is plastic. And I don't really like any of the available rear skirts. Plus I have Nismo rims (love 'em) so I am afraid of not going full on Nismo. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
Basically the advise I have is do what you like best for your Z. I bought a kit from Wings West and it fit right up and was painted so close to the original it looked like it came from the factory. It is urethane and had to be baked twice for it to cure, but should not break or crack like cf or fg.
What you decide will make you the happiest so mix match and come up with your Z!!!

#3 ·
mix and match is fine.. its even better IMO because you can really customize your z to your liking. My z is going to have body kit parts from 3 different companies and 4 different kits...

Urethane seems like the most forgiving (cracks etc..), but it is rare to find a kit in urethane. Carbon fiber is light and strong, but expensive and will crack just a easily as fiberglass (if you hit something)

Dont worry about mixing and matching companies, unless you want a strictly "nismo" or other brand Z. But that limits you IMO.

Just dont put a Type R sticker on the Z.

#5 ·
As everyone else has said, choose the look that is appealing to you. I'm getting the NISMO catback exhaust but have another after market spolier on now.

#6 ·
Actually, I'm going through the same decision process... I kinda like the idea of "all nismo" since I got the suspension and the wing, but I like the greddy skirts better. Not sure what bumper I like best, but I think the nismo is in the running. Love the nismo rims (mostly cause of the look per dollar), but they have no lip, so I may go with iforged, HRE, or Volks.... *shrug*

So, yeah, might as well mix and match what you like!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.