Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2006 350z / 1.5jz swap
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don鈥檛 know if I鈥檓 posting in the right area I鈥檓 new 馃槄,

first thing I鈥檓 building a full on race car with a 1.5jz swap gutted to the absolute max

another thing is I suck with wiring

My goal right now is to completely delete all the wires/plugs I鈥檓 not going to be needing like airbag, ac controls, cluster stuff ( I am doing a digital cluster ) I just can鈥檛 find a diagram for the body harness and if anyone has tips ( what not to cut, what to cut, do n don鈥檛 need ) it鈥檚 greatly appreciated
I鈥檓 going to be running a stand alone
This wiring thing makes me second guess building this thing but it鈥檚 got to be done
Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot

Super Moderator
As an SCCA racer whose raced both a tubeframe GT3 and production-based touring 1-3 350Zs, my first question is what kind of standalone engine management will you be using with this swap? What sanctioning body are you building this Z for?

Registered
2006 350z / 1.5jz swap
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As an SCCA racer whose raced both a tubeframe GT3 and production-based touring 1-3 350Zs, my first question is what kind of standalone engine management will you be using with this swap? What sanctioning body are you building this Z for?
Seat time drift car, ecumaster black

Super Moderator
Doesn't the ecumaster black come with its own harness? My GT3 car uses a separate custom harness to connect to the ECU. If it's a drift car that's towed to events, will there be any need to retain any of the factory systems?

Registered
2006 350z / 1.5jz swap
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't the ecumaster black come with its own harness? My GT3 car uses a separate custom harness to connect to the ECU. If it's a drift car that's towed to events, will there be any need to retain any of the factory systems?
I do have a custom harness for the motor side of things but ecumaster doesn鈥檛 come with its own custom harness, it will be getting towed to events so no need for factory stuff I found 1 form from last year from a circuit team of them shaving down the harness that sits inside on the frame of the car removing a bunch of wires that was un needed but they didn鈥檛 go into detail on what they removed and how or what diagram they followed etc

Super Moderator
Have you looked at the FSM wiring diagram? In my case, the factory harness and ECM is required under the rules of one class, while the other racecar uses the custom harness to link to the engine management system.

Registered
2006 350z / 1.5jz swap
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you looked at the FSM wiring diagram? In my case, the factory harness and ECM is required under the rules of one class, while the other racecar uses the custom harness to link to the engine management system.
To be honest I couldn鈥檛 find any diagram and a 350z harness at all do you have a link by any chance?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts