Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally i got to test what my car would do up againsta Z4 3.0. I have had a run before with a 2.8 but it was not really much of a challenge.

well to share with you what happened...

i was heading to get some gas on Pines Blvd, cruising on about 50mph, i see a car speeding up to catch up to me fast! the guy catches up and slows down so the cars can run side to side. he revs his engine several times and it seems like he was ready to put up a fight. a red light i right ahead exactly what i want with no traffic at all.

the guy was in his mid 20's.he looked at me and asked how much hp does the Z have stock...so i said 287hp, and i asked about his ,he said 225hp BUT he added that his car can run 0-60 in 5.9 sec. and he added a couple of B.S self satisfaction stuff about how his car is lighter and engineered better due to German factors.
i didnt brag,i am the type of guy that keeps my mouth shut and just do the **** thing!

so the light is about to turn green, i turned off my traction control,and reved a couple so he can hear it!

light is green....and we hit it

from the start the pull off was close

1st gear i put about a a nose or so on his car
2nd gear my car started pulling away
3rd gear BYE BYE Z4 with no chance at all to catch up
4th gear slowed down so he can come and congratulate me for my win, he drives by honks his horn and asks me to if we can do it from a 30mph run
i said no problem!

so we look for an empty road, he is right next to me.
3 time honk and we are off, and it is even worse!!!!
my car was right on 1st running on 30...and i hit it!
my car rocketed past him with no problem at all
literally on 2nd gear the boy was GONE!!!
i slow down, and he drives by me fast as if he is the one who won the race, and on top he turns his flashers on me :rolf2:

but one thing he didnt know is the list of mods i have :lmfao:

what a sucker....maybe he went by what the company says about the Z4

"The Z4 is a driver's roadster designed to master every challenge the road serves up" :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by djkern@Aug 5 2005, 08:18 AM
nice...the z4 is definitely not a fast car.  225hp and 214tq.....not gonna hang with the z.
[snapback]141961[/snapback]​

I concur.. I've driven them on the twisties as well and they really don't handle all that well.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Jetpilot718+Aug 5 2005, 09:25 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern
@Aug 5 2005, 08:18 AM
nice...the z4 is definitely not a fast car. 225hp and 214tq.....not gonna hang with the z.
[snapback]141961[/snapback]​

I concur.. I've driven them on the twisties as well and they really don't handle all that well.
[snapback]141965[/snapback]​

Motor Trend Mag....gave the Z4 better ratings than the Z for some B.S reasons

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 5 2005, 09:31 AM
You always seem to have conversations w/ ppl in traffic before you smoke them? :OMG:
[snapback]141968[/snapback]​

in traffic? did you even read it fully?
and by the way this was my first conversation ever.
:headshake:
i bet my car can smoke yours with no problem too
we can have a conversation before i smoke you if you want to

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
actually, the Z4 is pretty quick. The Z3 is crap, tho. On one of our first visits to the Dragon, I saw a Z4 keep up with stock 350Z through the 318 turns. Stock for stock... a little slower, but not horribly so.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z+Aug 5 2005, 10:37 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat
@Aug 5 2005, 09:31 AM
You always seem to have conversations w/ ppl in traffic before you smoke them? :OMG:

[snapback]141975[/snapback]​

calm it dude, uh yes if you were at a light, that is traffic IMO.
maybe I should have posted :) like DJ to mean = HELLO PLAYING HERE.....LIGHTEN UP :rolf2:
are we going to be the e-thug again today?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Aug 5 2005, 10:44 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2005, 10:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat

maybe I should have posted :) like DJ to mean = HELLO PLAYING HERE.....LIGHTEN UP :rolf2:
[snapback]142028[/snapback]​

no no not at all
its all cool beans

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 5 2005, 10:49 AM
:thumbsup:
[snapback]142038[/snapback]​

you know i dont want chip chaps, after i kinda started liking you, even though you were annoying in the beginnning :)

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Aug 5 2005, 09:44 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat

hahahahaha!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by djkern+Aug 5 2005, 11:53 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2005, 09:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat

hahahahaha!
[snapback]142093[/snapback]​

you enjoying? :wavey:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z+Aug 5 2005, 10:56 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2005, 09:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat

hahahahaha!
[snapback]142093[/snapback]​

you enjoying? :wavey:
[snapback]142096[/snapback]​

i was laughing that she that she should post a smiley to say that she's joking. i now have to do that...since i'm so sarcastic (and i come off like a masshole! haha)

·
Registered
785 Posts
we own a z4 3.0i and I drive the Z of course. Let me tell you, the z4 is a VERY quick little car. The z4 properly driven will hang with a Z no problem. They are rated faster in the 1/4 mile than the Z is and have a faster 0-60. Behind the wheel of the z4 it feels MUCH faster than the z. I wouldn't go around underestimating them like you are. One day a stock z4 just might smoke you and you will be surprised. Good kill though, but try not to be so stuck up about it. You only drive a 350z.... its not that big of a deal... (this was in response to "waiting for him to catch up to congradulate me")

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Conceyted@Aug 5 2005, 04:22 PM
we own a z4 3.0i and I drive the Z of course. Let me tell you, the z4 is a VERY quick little car. The z4 properly driven will hang with a Z no problem. They are rated faster in the 1/4 mile than the Z is and have a faster 0-60. Behind the wheel of the z4 it feels MUCH faster than the z. I wouldn't go around underestimating them like you are. One day a stock z4 just might smoke you and you will be surprised. Good kill though, but try not to be so stuck up about it. You only drive a 350z.... its not that big of a deal... (this was in response to "waiting for him to catch up to congradulate me")
[snapback]142286[/snapback]​

exactly...you made my point. compared to a BMW the Z isnot of a big deal. and yet your buddy got smoked! i never did under estimate the car due to BMW's performance engine engineering, but this is not the first BMW i smoke. it just is a better feeling when you smoke expensive cars that cost twice as much a Z...
o yes i am very pleased with the performance of my car, and me getting smoked by a Z4 stock wont happen.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The z4 is a LOT nicer of a car than the z is. I would much rather take a date out in the z4 than the 350z. You have to understand the amount of luxury the car has as well as its performance built on top of it. I agree the Z is a more sporty car and I would rather throw around the Z in the corners than the BMW but for the type of car it is, it is truly a classy and fast car.

I wasn't aware that you had the fastest 350z ever, ayman, Sorry!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Conceyted@Aug 5 2005, 04:43 PM
The z4 is a LOT nicer of a car than the z is. I would much rather take a date out in the z4 than the 350z. You have to understand the amount of luxury the car has as well as its performance built on top of it. I agree the Z is a more sporty car and I would rather throw around the Z in the corners than the BMW but for the type of car it is, it is truly a classy and fast car.

I wasn't aware that you had the fastest 350z ever, ayman, Sorry!
[snapback]142294[/snapback]​

you dont have to be sorry. its not the fastest Z ever, but it was surely faster than the Z4.

Luxury? not the Z4 it has nothing that shows it is luxury. the interior is just as bad! and i think you would agree with me about such an interior.

the Z is a faster car....thats why you see a lot more moded Z's than the Z4, not just because its a nissan that means its a POS

1 - 20 of 64 Posts