Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, ive never really liked the rounded a$$ on the Z to be honest, ive always thought its one of those cars that needs a spoiler, but nothing huge like most on the market

the stock track spoiler goes somewhat in fixing this with its subtle lip, but i just saw some pics of a real nice Z on cardomain when searching for more SF Challenge pics (yes the wait is killing me)

did a little research and it turns out to be the Blitz wing

i really like it, it looks good even without a kit on the car, just a nice drop and wheels. I also like the fact it runs to the edges of the bootlid. What do u guys think?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sorry Sam but I think this Blitz spoiler make the rear of the Z look too much like a ducks bill!!!! My preference is the smaller Track wing.

Love the SF's though.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for feedback guys

ran it past the boss (aka the girlfriend) and she's approved

sending out emails now for postage costs

what type of lip would suit that spoiler and blend with my 'subtle' look? Im thinking top secret, painted

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
i prefer the blitz to the data systems

but come on kshep, make with the pics
I have run into this a couple of times now...weird.

I bought both the Data Systems and the Blitz wings 'cause I couldn't decide from the pics I had seen which I liked best. I had them both painted and positioned on the car...I preferred the Data Systems for presisley the reason you don't. I like the way it follows the rounded back end of teh Z....the Blitz squares it up as it does go to the edge of the deck lid.

I sold the Blitz to Patrick (GT3) on the other forum. He installed it and recieved many, many compliments on the look. If you seach his posts over there in the Exterior forum you should find some very nice pics he posted.

The Data Systems required a little more prep work for paint...the Blitz was a quality piece but did sit very close to the rear emblem, otherwise fitment for both was perfect.

Aftermarket aero parts are all about what the owner's eye appreciates...so if you prefer a squared up look for the rear...the Blitz will get you there more so than the Data Systems.

I don't have a closeup of just the wing...more pics on my Wiki page.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sheps how does the blitz wing affix to the lid? do u get a template to position it correctly?

i have fit the smaller badge on the rear, so i dont think it will be a problem

i really like how the blitz runs right to the edge of the hatch

where did u buy the blitz from?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
geebas i love the V1 side wings and rear underspoiler.......would the fuji tips fit through though?

would work really well with the blitz wing i think

just not 100% on the V1 front lip, do u guys think the topsecret front lip would flow better?

ive made my mind up, definitely doing a kit :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
sheps how does the blitz wing affix to the lid? do u get a template to position it correctly?

i have fit the smaller badge on the rear, so i dont think it will be a problem

i really like how the blitz runs right to the edge of the hatch

where did u buy the blitz from?
I really can't remember since we did not actually install the Blitz. GT3 should be able to help. Most of them come with double sided tape and a few screws...and instructions you need a translator to decipher.

I got the Blitz from MVP Motorsports in TX...only took 28 weeks for it to arrive. Data Systems was a 26 week wait.

The V1 lip is molded into my front bumper cover.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks dude, but my car's nowhere near as modded as some of these crazy Aus guys :OMG:

im 4 weeks bw paychecks so i can only do these mods one at a time......im thinking prob best to have the suspension setup first, or else the kit will look weird with the standard ride height

someone commented i should check out the RSR Down springs as a chaeper alternative to coilovers especially since my stock shocks are still in new nick.Iim just trying to find info on how these compare to stock, as ideally i want a softer front end.......i couldnt imagine there being softer aftermarket springs available though

shep 28 weeks? far out im not waiting half a yr for a spoiler lol Hopefully my amate here who sources direct from Japan can get it quicker

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
shep 28 weeks? far out im not waiting half a yr for a spoiler lol Hopefully my asian mate here who sources direct from Japan can get it quicker
a lot of things are available @ Intense Power.com

check them out.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah ayman thats where im looking atm

Intense has everything i need, and prices are very very good

When im in a position to buy, ill email him and see if he'll ship to Aus

ok guys do i go fiberglass or urethane?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts