Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I don't know if this is even possible, but is there a way to black chrome the headlights like an R34 GT-R or any of the Type Rs? I want to go for the all black theme with my Z (black wheels, black emblems, black door handles, etc.), but only want to go through with it if I can get the headlights done. Any help would be cool.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
nightbird i am doing this as we speak, i ordered black overlays for my headlights, taillights, and rear blinker casings. should look good. i ma leaving town next thrus to go home to FL for 2 weeks so it wont be done until i get back.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
actually yes there is a way to do this.. and no jaysen is thinking about tinting the clear covers..

i believe u are wanting to paint the inside chrome stuff black..

ive seen this done and will be doing to my new z soon!.. due this week!

if i do it, i will do a how-to on it..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any update on the black chromed headlights? What kind of shop would I go to to get this done? My options in Hawaii are kinda limited.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I just received my taillight overlays so my brickyard will look just like the one in Toykilla's pic. I think it looks great on that color. Anyway, here is a picture of my headlight, I'll have to get an upclose pic, but you can see that alot of the chrome was removed and only some of it was left to help reflect the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Are your headlight reflector surrounds black. If so, how did you do that? Or where did you buy those headlights? That's exactly what I want to do, like the Skyline R34.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts