Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had bird crap on my daytona blue. When I cleaned it off w/ water. I saw a circular stain. Made the mistake of using rubbing compound. The circular stain is gone & so is my clear paint. Now I have a circular swirl which has left the paint dull. Any suggestions to get this polished & shine again?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
get some polishing compound.. i use meguiars medium and fine cut cleaners for small scratches, then for the shine use their gloss polish.

Use a microfiber towl and the gloss polish and just rub it .. it willl shine in no time.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I can't imagine you rubbed the clearcoat right off the paint, so you'll probably be ok after a quick wax job.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Jul 15 2004, 10:10 AM
get some polishing compound.. i use meguiars medium and fine cut cleaners for small scratches, then for the shine use their gloss polish.

Use a microfiber towl and the gloss polish and just rub it .. it willl shine in no time.

I'd start out w/ the fine cut first, to see if that does the job, Megs scratch X is a good one. Always start w/ the most mild one and work back in terms of harshness. If that doesn't work move on to the medium cut. I can't imagine either that you burned thru the clear coat. If you did, then it's wetsanding and re-clear. Bird cr*p can damage your clear coat and leave etching. I keep baby wipes in the Z just in case I get some birds fly-by when I am out just in case...

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
honestly, the best thing i have ever used to remove birdcrap was a bit of the quick detailers spray from meguiers. spray a bit on, let it sit a few seconds and the crap comes right off. less abrasive and not corrosive. works pretty good on some bug spts as well

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use a little of WD-40 and it works awesome. It can even take off paviment particles stuck on your side skirts. Try it and you'll see. I highly recommend it. Also, do this before washing the car. It doesn't matter if the bird crap or the bugs sit too much time; it will get them off easily.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Be careful. You'll be able to get the bird crap off, but if you let it sit on the car too long, it'll dull the paint

·
Registered
144 Posts
<a href="http://master.mx-targeting.com/mx/servlet/MXTarget?adcontext=javascript:" target="_blank">http://master.mx-targeting.com/mx/servlet/...javascript: PopUp('http://350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?act=Profile&CODE=showcard&MID=117','AddressCard','470','300','0','1','1','1')&contextpeak=0&contextcount=0&countrycodein=US&lastAdTime=1095203399|1095103525|1095197950|0|1095006800|0|0|0|0|&lastAdCode=1&cookie1=capdate%3D1419%26capdatedy%3D0914%26lupgtry%3D1%26lupgid%3D157%26lupgdt%3D1094132164385%26lflshdt%3D10://http://master.mx-targeting.com/mx/s...%26lflshdt%3D10</a>

That's why I recommend to do it fast and just before washing the car.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That link doesn't actually work. It's not even salvagable. Copy the URL from the browser, not from the source code or a properties window

·
Registered
25 Posts
TAKE THIS ADVICE....

Get your car to a proffesional body shop or detail shop. You are in far over your head at this point. You will need a hi speed polisher, a wool compounding pad, a foam polishing pad, 3m Microfinishing Compound, 3M Perfect It, 3M Machine glaze, and about 3 years of refinishing experience with a high speed polisher.

If your comming to sa messge board to find a fix.... don't even attempt it you will make it even worse.

JET

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Sep 14 2004, 05:38 PM
That link doesn't actually work.  It's not even salvagable.  Copy the URL from the browser, not from the source code or a properties window

:lol: :lol: That totally cracks me up. I don't know why, but it really does.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some of the polishing compound or even the 3M fine cutting compound and a microfiber towel or all cotten towel and it will dissappear by hand with patience. I've fixed many a stone chip and wet sanded the blobs flat then restored the shine with the polishing compound. If it can get out 2000 grit sandpaper "scratches", it will get rid of rubbing compound haze.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts