Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I'm looking for some info on Bilstein shocks. Are they great for 350z suspension or more or less the same as stock? How would they compare to the Tokico HPs or D-specs? I've read that the D-Specs will not lower the car but only springs do. I'm not planning on lowering the Z, just want new shocks that will improve handling without taking away the ride quality. I'm not sure if many people run them on the Z's but I see it's a popular brand on German cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Bilstein B9s are a proven upgrade for your Z. Like Koni Sport shocks, they're valved slightly firmer on bounce, so handling improves, but you may feel the road a bit more. On stock springs you may not even notice.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
BTW- I'd rate the Bilsteins higher than either of the Tokico products. Let us know what you end up with, and what you think when they're installed and aligned.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've run both the Bilstein B12 Prokit (B8s with Eibach Prokit springs) and currently on the same springs with the Koni Sports.

Bilstein, as with most of their applications, has a firm but controlled ride and most certainly offers an upgrade in performance. As do the Konis but with a slightly more jarring ride. I've run Bilsteins in a lot of cars from BMWs to Zs and will be adding a set of custom valved units to my Datsun roadster this year. I've used them for over 40 years with great results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts