Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously had to order some new tires for the TE37.

I got the KDW2 from BFG.

Were about $300 less per set compared to the PSII that I was also considering.

But I figured I would feel bad destroying the Michelin , so I wanted to try the BFG and see if they are a good bang for buck.. Everything I read seems to say yes. :)

By thursday I should have the wheels and tires mounted...

Just in time to possibly go to AAM for ECU reflash.. my next nervous researching begins on that now. .. :(

any comments welcome :)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...ch=true&index=6

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Check out that dry traction rating! :clap:

The wet traction rating is much higher than I thought it would be judging by the tread pattern. I'd watch it my first few times in the rain with those.

They look a lot like an autocross tire to me...which is a very good thing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Awesome tires. Very stable and grippy, relatively good in the rain (I have had no problems but I trust no tire entirely in the rain - just me). I love mine and will definately buythem again.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah.. good I can't wait to get them in..

Everything I read was good.. but it's nice to hear some Z owner's reflect.

These tires will quickly be broken in and shown who's boss. I'll dedicate a good amount of time on the VDA and skidpad to get the feel for them. Hopefully it rains (haha.. did I just pray for rain??)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got them a couple of months ago and they are great. Less noise than the OEM's and very sticky. Got them at Tire Rack as well. I'm probably going to get them for my Mustang soon since I have to replace the tires on it.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This sounds like a great tire for the money.. I can't wait to try these out. If they are half as good as everyone says, this may be the tire of choice for me in the next year.

Depending on when Mr. Fedex brings my wheels, I may have them mounted up on thursday.. but no later than friday.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Sweet Chris! You are just truckin along on the mods! :clap: Can't wait to get out there and see her! ESP if you are going to get out on that skid pad! I want to see that sucker!!! Do you do the flat out fridays? I want to do the one in August...also sorry /topic, but where can I get a helmet around here?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do go out for open lapping days during the instructor sessions. Although I usually don't go out with much traffic due to unforseen possibilities of others.

Skid pad isn't really all that exiting. hehe.. I'll take you out on the North Track if you are interested in thrills. ;)

I'll have to look into a helmet.. there are lots.. pm me and let me know what you are looking for.

talk to you soon jinxxy,

chris

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Those are much cheaper than the Toyos! :OMG: :OMG:

And even cheaper than the Bridgestone Pole Positions I have too. :angry:

Definitely give us a review once they're broken in. I'd love to find a nice tire that's cheaper. $1200 bucks for a new set will kill a man.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just put mine on a week ago and love them. Very sticky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts