Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with the GReddy EVO exhaust and want a test pipe. I figured I'd go resonated on the advice of many members here. The thing I was wondering is who makes the best quality resonated test pipes?? I was thinking either Crawford or Helix. I heard Kinetix pipes are poor quality. Any guidance?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, just found two more test pipes..the APS test pipes and the Alphawerks test pipes. Don't know if they're resonated but they both sound good. You know anything about the quality?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
AFAIK, Crawford doesn't make any test pipes. Crawford makes high-flow cats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm going with LaBree resonated pipes. Talk to Brent LaBree at (818)704-7950. They were delivered yesterday and they're beautiful. Unfortunately, I don't have them on the car yet. You never hear about LaBree welds cracking...........

Bruce

OK, just found two more test pipes..the APS test pipes and the Alphawerks test pipes. Don't know if they're resonated but they both sound good. You know anything about the quality?
<div align="right">[snapback]72576[/snapback]
[/quote]

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i have kinetix with resonators and they seem to have some issues with them, so i would stay away from them!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well the firt set i had i had to send back b/c there was a rubbing issue. the 2nd set now are making this wierd noise and i cant figure it out, like a rattle inside. i did notice when i took the 1st set off that the resonator was screwed up inside. i think it might be doing the same thing with this set. i have had mine for over 10 months as well

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have had my kinetix on for several months now and no problems. Only other company I know of who makes them is Labree. All others are regular test pipes or high flow cats

1 - 10 of 10 Posts