Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
JWT intake for the 35HR has to be one of the best bang-for-ya-buck mods available. Pretty much transforms the engine sound to a much more exotic sounding spec :)

100% satisfied with mine!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks guys,

From the Z-store, which was a bit of a mission to get to Australia as they dont do international orders, luckily I had an uncle go across for work so he brought them back for me. Initially had two lefts sent but I must say the after sales service was pretty good. They posted a right cover and told me not to worry about returning the spare.

·
Registered
32 Posts
heh ink,

The seats are the standard nissan burnt orange ones, but the leather door inserts (which aint actually leather - I didnt realise until they came off) I replaced with the leather ones from the Z-store. Bit of a mission to put them on, the detailing shop took nearly a full day and charged accordingly. Still it was worth it.

I looked at colouring the originals, chatted to a few guys at leather seat shops, (places that do Lambo's/Ferrari etc.) but leather paint would eventually wear bad and flake - not something you want to be watching out for constantly. And you need to buy a whole cow if you want to custom colour some hide. They also coundnt match the burnt orange colour with their massive range of samples (when I say massive think of a dounble storey wall, 25m long with leather pieces just hanging off, or any of the booklets provided by ferrari, maserati, lambo, etc).

Anyone know who does the seats, or the colour designation?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, but I think there's a difference between dyeing raw leather hide, compared to re-dying or painting over already colour fast dyed leather - maybe it doesnt take as well - sorta like painting over an already varnished piece or wood. Plus to find the exact colour match without the colour code is the tricky bit and the most important bit being that the door inserts arent actually leather but faux leather.

I'm no expert but this was how it was explained to me.

Still the gear knob is an OEM part, and strangely enough the only place that seems to have them is the Z-store. I phoned Nissan South Africa to try an order one (the Z's they had in their online brochures had them) only to be told that yes there are two part numbers for gear shifts but they are both black.

Not so funny was when I took the car to a "professional" audio dealer to have the DVD, amp and sub installed (two trips to Sydney to get everything sorted out), and on the second trip (after being very specfic on HOW to remove the gear shift) I noticed the wanker just grabbed it and twisted it until it gave way - probably the third or fouth time he had removed it like that. And I had used threadlocker on it.
Still there doesnt seem to be any damage to the transmission (I think, I hope).

Not too happy with the fit. I was trying to get it as fluch as possible -OEM like.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
QUOTE (paulvin @ Nov 29 2009, 10:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=587256
Still the gear knob is an OEM part, and strangely enough the only place that seems to have them is the Z-store. I phoned Nissan South Africa to try an order one (the Z's they had in their online brochures had them) only to be told that yes there are two part numbers for gear shifts but they are both black.
The OEM burnt orange shifters are a European option. Nissan UK is the place to source them from outside of The Z Store. Still looks mint :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
QUOTE (paulvin @ Nov 29 2009, 09:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=587256
Yeah, but I think there's a difference between dyeing raw leather hide, compared to re-dying or painting over already colour fast dyed leather - maybe it doesnt take as well - sorta like painting over an already varnished piece or wood. Plus to find the exact colour match without the colour code is the tricky bit and the most important bit being that the door inserts arent actually leather but faux leather.
I've enquired with my detailer in the past, and they advised that they basically strip the current colour from the leather and then reapply a new colour.

I was thinking about doing this a little later down the road.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heh Ink,

I highly recommend it as one of the most aethesticaly pleasing mods you can do to the interior of the Zed. I always found the orange seats by themselves to almost be a bit of an after thought by Nissan, they look great but just so "lonely". Adding the little extra bits almost gives it a Audi/Porsche feel of finish. I'm thinking of maybe doing the insets on the centre consol either side of the radio area, but right now I think that might just be a little too much orange - overkill.

Just on stripping colour from the actual armrests - when mine came off I was suprised to find out they arent real leather.

·
Registered
470 Posts
QUOTE (Interloper @ Nov 26 2009, 07:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=587155
JWT intake for the 35HR has to be one of the best bang-for-ya-buck mods available. Pretty much transforms the engine sound to a much more exotic sounding spec :)

100% satisfied with mine!
yeah i love mine on the DE. that and the plenum spacer. cant believe how much it changed the engine note.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts