Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Rays recommended fitments.

17x8.5 +30 / 17x9.5 +35

I was giving 18" rims a thought, but I can't afford the $400 a corner for middle of the range tyres.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Only two mods so far:

Weapon-r Secret Weapon Intake
Varis cf Intake Duct

Intake really made a difference in mid to high RPM and the duct probably will help in high speed runs (not that I would go over the speed limit, LOL), but it does help to enhance the sound of Lady Z when she roars! Besides, I get a lot of comments about it.

A Hui Hou
PaulO

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Discarded the spare a-la Euro style, lined the huge area with black and
packed away a small air pump and bottle of Fineleak behind the rear
af the area and behind the upholstery.

Bloody useful mod - and NRMA can help if the tyre goes right out.

(Mind you, in the last 9 years and 270,000k, never had a flat!)

Fuggen - bet I spoke too soon now!

FRIZZLEY

:flush:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
frizzle anymore info on where to buy that spare tyre in a can stuff? or what brand to look for?

my spare is out of the car now

best mod for me is the xenons. Stock halogen lights are absolute crap, there was absolutely no light output on the road in the wet. Thank tight arse Nissan Aus for selling only the premium models, but skimping on xenons :punch:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
TPI-ACE:

I had a friend who was a TPI - what's your disability?

I put a really thick rubber down on the floor of the spare well to level up to the
height of the protrusion that anchors the spare bolt. Cost only a couple of bucks at Clark rubber, and was like honecomb - light as, well, a titanium muffler (!).

Then i had it lined by a trimmer.

At the very rear of the well, there's ample room for a quality air pump, and a bottle (can) of spare tyre. Wrap all securely in a towel or something.

that's kinda between the tail lights, and will be behind the upholsterers new carpet.

I made a plywood "shelf" to go around the well and to give the upholsterer something to shape to.

Hope this helps.

BTW - the "stuff" is very common - Even servos will have something.

FARZIKLE

Attachments

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Originally posted by frosty@Aug 31 2005, 08:33 AM
TPI-ACE:

I had a friend who was a TPI - what's your disability?

a 12 inch schlong

it reads Ti Piace......if you know some italian, you can work it out

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whiteline sways F+R
Enkei RP03 18x9.5 all round

·
Registered
39 Posts
3.9 gears and the Strup headers/test pipes/Injen short ram intake (did it all at once).
next in line to be added is the Injen SES, Unorthodox pulleys, JWT flywheel and Kinetix SSV.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Best 2 mods? Bang-for-buck or just bang?

Best 2 mods I've done period....
  1. StopTech 4-wheel big brake kit
  2. Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 Suspension kit
Best 2, bang-for-buck
  1. Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 Suspension Kit
  2. JWT Flywheel

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Since I've now done further mods, I might modify my favourite modlist again.

Catback exhaust
Swaybars

The exhaust gives the Z the exhaust note it deserves (and a more usable top-end while not having so much power that the OEM setup won't cope) and the swaybars give the car a much more positive feel to the handling without major suspension work.

But since I've got the HIDs going in with Tein Flex, I might end up dropping the swaybars and picking one of them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My fav would be the TE37 19 inch rays

but the most useful is the reverse camera cause u never knw when that mysterious pole appears! Hasn't happened yet but prevention is better than cure

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all, first post on the forum - i dont understand this topic, i have read through it and seems that there are not two 'best mods' to do to the Z, as all most people who have posted here have done is talk about 2 things that they have done to their cars.

Most people will also say that they are a great mod as they have spent their hard earned cash on it and also the mods generally serve to make the car look more cool and more yours.

Surely there are two modifications or even a group of modifications that it is best to start with

I am interested in doing some mods to my 2003Z but want to spend the $$ in the right direction

It would be good if an experienced modifier could put together a list that would detail the more common modifications and go through a cost benefit analysis

Am loving the forum - heaps of great info and pics of sweet Zs

W

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i think this topic more trying to lead you to see how many people said it's a good mod and worthed, etc

If you want to mod i suggest start with Exhaust and Probably JWT popcharge intake.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
You'll always come out on the bad side if you do a cost/benefit analysis.

I posted a "modification paths" thread some time ago, about what I'd do to the car. It didn't break down into why and what gains, but it might give you an idea to start.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi all, first post on the forum - i dont understand this topic, i have read through it and seems that there are not two 'best mods' to do to the Z, as all most people who have posted here have done is talk about 2 things that they have done to their cars.

Most people will also say that they are a great mod as they have spent their hard earned cash on it and also the mods generally serve to make the car look more cool and more yours.

Surely there are two modifications or even a group of modifications that it is best to start with

I am interested in doing some mods to my 2003Z but want to spend the $$ in the right direction

It would be good if an experienced modifier could put together a list that would detail the more common modifications and go through a cost benefit analysis

Am loving the forum - heaps of great info and pics of sweet Zs

W
Welcome to the forum, i wrote a long post but my computer crashed so ive just listed the main points of that below as i dont want to write it all again.

People in this thread are just posting the mods that they did to their cars and they liked.

Some people post like that and others dont you need to read between the lines and determine what one persons says is correct with other research and follow them up later when the intial excitement has worn off. I try to wait a while before posting so im giving the correct impressions.

What modification is best for you is impossible to answer because everyone is trying to achieve something slightly different with their car. You havnt mentioned what you want out of your car so im not going to suggest anything.

Cost is important to most but again different people want different things and think differently about mods. Cost isnt the most important thing to everyone, some like quality or outright performance irrespective of cost. So you might find people posting about one mod they thought was worth the money but everyones opinion of what is worth it is different.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If anyone is looking for a low cost upgrade that will possibly best purchase since the 350Z itself, then please consider our HID Conversion Kits.

You can find more information at: http://www.visionbulbs.com/vb_product.php?...p;dmv=162542245

Be sure to use our discount code at checkout: 350ZTECHDSCT

We've increased the discount from 10% to 15%!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all again for your continued support :)

21 - 40 of 75 Posts