Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering which intake is the best for the 350Z. I found an intake from K&N that was dynoed for a 10.1 HP increase. ridiculous might i add. Does anyone know any other intake that tops this. thx

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Intakes on the Z only get about 3-5 horsepower. If you don't mind the cost, get an AEM or Injen CAI. If you want the best bang for your buck, get a JWT popcharger.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

AEM has shown to have some of the least gains of all even though no intake will reallly give you a noticeable gain. 10hp is a ridiculous figure. Go with Injen, JWT popcharger, or K&N intake

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Performance Nissan said that the Injen is the best CAI due to where and how the filter is positioned.

I agree, 10 hp is crazy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
That's pretty funny that K&N is actually posting that. Some aftermarket exhausts don't even make that kind of HP for the Z.

I think you would be pretty content with the JWT Popcharger, Injen or K&N - Just don't expect any noticeable gain.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If its posted, it should be correct. I know, because of my job, that if you publish a data it must be taken with the best of your capabilities. Otherwise, is illegal to publish false data. However, you can see that the 10.1 HP gains are in the higher RPMS (6.29 RPM) which is ridiculous to count that as HP gains. Once you are at those RPM levels its time for you to be shifting to the next gear unless you really are into drag racing. If your not, just go with the cheapest one. Personally I have an INJEN CAI and I love the sound, but no noticeable gains.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]
It can be true to a point. What a lot of these companies will do is take their lowest baseline dyno and compare it with their highest dyno with the mod added. Given that a dyno can have a +- 5hp correction on it, a 10hp from an intake can be taken out of context. Also read that it says "est. 10hp gain"

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the intakes alter the sound of the engine more than gain power.. But things tend to work in combination.. so a free flowing exhaust needs help from a free flowing intake and so on..

·
Registered
655 Posts
At WOT, my AEM really changes the sound of my car. Significantly. I love it.
:irock:

·
Registered
39 Posts
[/quote]

Here's the other thing. One style mounts under the hood and the other much lower, does and can bad weather, puddles in particular, give you something to worry about for the lower mounting version. And is there much difference in performance between the two. I see there is certainly a difference in price. :burnout:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I personally would recommend the JWT. It seems a lot of people like this one, plus it's protected better than the other lower mounted intakes. I've also read how some people ended up getting rid of the longer intakes for the short ram version.

·
Registered
655 Posts
[/quote]

right now bone stock. This would be one of my first mods. Any prerequisites to this modification?
<div align="right">[snapback]85280[/snapback]
[/quote]

No. This was my first mod and it was really easy.

And don't worry about the lower tubes + puddles issue. It's been raining like crazy here and I'm not having any issues with puddles or splashing. The filter is mounted pretty far up. You'd have to drive through a foot of water to even get it wet IMO.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Of course if you're going to get JWT you might look into getting the polished intake. :)

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/BlueDragonZ/Winter05Detail019.jpg');}" />

·
Registered
9 Posts
personally, i dont buy most intake dyno's, your not guna get much period. no matter what u get, but i made a big post to help better understand some of the intakes and questions, please click on the link in the bottom of my sig to learn more....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts