Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first time at a track but it seemed to go well.

r/t times= .8057, .6861, .6239, .5855, .6680
60ft= 2.1650, 2.1979, 2.1825, 2.2918, 2.2329
330ft= 6.0386, 6.0719, 6.2476, 6.2476, 6.0588
1/8= 9.2273, 9.5639, 9.2474, 9.4596, 9.2539
1/8MPH= 77.45, 77.51, 77.33, 76.75, 77.13
------------ -------, --------, WINNER,WINNER,WINNER

The three wins were against a 2001 convertible Vette. :OMG: He was running 9.1's but I was getting him off the line. (most of the cars were trailered in.) He and I made for some of the best racing at the track today. He eventualy got his r/t's straight and settled in .1-.2 seconds faster than me but our races were still quite fun. :irock:

My Z is a bone-stock BASE model (no LSD)with a full tank of gas, spare and about 35lbs of subwoofer/enclosure. 35psi on stock tires. Temp was about 95 deg. with high [email protected] aprox. sea level.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to the 1/8 mile track for the first time today. Most of the cars at the track were trailered in but me and this 2001 yellow convertible vette started lining up next to each other and I won 3 times! :OMG: (I kept beating him off the line)

His times were 8.9-9.1 for the 1/8 mile. My times were 9.2273, 9.2639, 9.2474, 9.4596, 9.2539

My r/t's were between .5855-.6861 (ok, one was .8057)

Anyone know how to guestimate 1/4 mile times from 1/8 mile times? :shiftdrive:

In the intrest of full disclosure, the second half of the day resulted in three losses in a row to that same vette because he got his r/t's straight. But only by .1-.2 seconds every time.-Some of the best races of the day.

BTW: bone-stock Base model, about a full tank of gass, 35psi at all four tires, aprox. 35lbs of sub woofer/enclosure, sea level @ 95 deg.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

i don't get how you won 3 times if none of your times were lower than his???
<div align="right">[snapback]107350[/snapback]
[/quote]

Better reaction times. I beat him off the line those times and he couldn't reel me in before the end of the race.
We each get seperate times. I think he could wait at the line for 5 seconds while i'm speeding down the track and his 1/8 mile "clock" won't start until he crosses his line.
This is my first time at a track but I'm guessing the 1/8 mile e/t "clock" starts once your tires cross the "line." But the two car race starts once the light turns green. (well I started at the last yellow to time the green)

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

Better reaction times. Ibeat him off the line those times and he couldn't reel me in before the end of the race.
We each get seperate times. I think he could wait at the line for 5 seconds while i'm speeding down the track and his 1/8 mile "clock" won't start until he crosses his line.
This is my first time at a track but I'm guessing the 1/8 mile e/t "clock" starts once your tires cross the "line." But the two car race starts once the light turns green. (well I started at the last yellow to time the green)
<div align="right">[snapback]107354[/snapback]
[/quote]

ah....so, it's not really a race if the clock starts when you cross the line. that's weird...i never really heard of that.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]

[/quote]

Better reaction times. Ibeat him off the line those times and he couldn't reel me in before the end of the race.
[/quote]

ah....so, it's not really a race if the clock starts when you cross the line. that's weird...i never really heard of that.
<div align="right">[snapback]107357[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was most certainly a race. His car covered the 1/8 mile in less time than mine but, because I reacted quicker to the lights, I started my 1/8 mile trip sooner and got to the finish line first.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was most certainly a race. His car covered the 1/8 mile in less time than mine but, because I reacted quicker to the lights, I started my 1/8 mile trip sooner and got to the finish line first.
<div align="right">[snapback]107358[/snapback]
[/quote]

true....but he was still faster than you. ;) now you need to have better reaction times and be faster than him! :)

good job with the reaction times. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

true....but he was still faster than you. ;) now you need to have better reaction times and be faster than him! :)

<div align="right">[snapback]107364[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thats the only way I was able to get him those three times but, because we are still running so close, I guess I could try to get down in the .3's r/t but I'm happy to just be in the .6's for now. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Thats the only way I was able to get him those three times but, because we are still running so close, I guess I could try to get down in the .3's r/t but I'm happy to just be in the .6's for now. :shiftdrive:
<div align="right">[snapback]107370[/snapback]
[/quote]

for sure. i never tracked my z. you confused me off the bat when you posted the numbers. haha.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

for sure. i never tracked my z. you confused me off the bat when you posted the numbers. haha.
<div align="right">[snapback]107372[/snapback]
[/quote]
Today was my first time at any track but it all went smoothly. Now I need a LSD to lower my 60ft times.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]107372[/snapback]
[/quote]
Today was my first time at any track but it all went smoothly. Now I need a LSD to lower my 60ft times.
<div align="right">[snapback]107374[/snapback]
[/quote]

better (stickier) tires maybe? are you on stock tires?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/quote]
better (stickier) tires maybe? are you on stock tires?
<div align="right">[snapback]107375[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am just about down to the wear bars on my stock RE040's (on the rear tires)

The fronts are at about 7/32" so I bought 2 new OE rears, (just before I went to the ZdayZ event last weekend) they are sitting in my garage until I burn all the way down to the wear bars.
My brother, who raced his honda 954 CBR bike today, recomended using better tires just for the track but I want to run it the way it hits the street. (That's why I didn't modify the weight or tire pressure from normal driving.) I guess it would be cool to pull out the stereo and spare tire and run it with low tire pressure and low fuel just to see how much it helps, but I will probably buy a LSD before the new tires wear out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts