·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
:bump:

·
Registered
737 Posts
I picked the blue one, just because of the cleaner lines. The Silver is bad ass though... So much so that if you had to go on a date it'd be the blue one and the silver to give nightmares to the 'look down on Zs" brigade.

Nice work on both though, I am currently trying to find one to restore, but its not looking at all promising. Am thinking of sourcing out a short block V8 to put in there if I do manage to find one. Has anybody done this kinda work before that could give me some pointers?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
They aren't that hard to find, but you'll probably have to go get it, and you'll probably have to do some serious work, as Datsun's were rust buckets. Go to www.classiczcars.com, they're Tech's equivalent for the 240-300Z world. Lots of them for sale on the classifieds section. Ebay's also got a bunch usually. As for the V8, I'm still against this idea, too many old Z's out there with them. L28 FTW.

~Pat

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I like the blue but that silver is beyond sick...I want it bad.
Holidays coming up ;)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bj5pQMkQqKM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bj5pQMkQqKM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Hijacked it again.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I like the Blue one's exterior way more than the Silver....but I like the Engine in the Silver one more. Something just strikes me better about having the RB in a Datsun. In the end though, I voted for the Blue car...because I couldn't handle those fender flares. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Not to bump an old thread, but this came up in a chat.

I'd like to get my hands on that silver one as the summer toy car.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Not revive a thread from the dead, but the guy that built the silver Z is now building another one. This time he says it will be done with less compromises. cant wait to what he comes up with next.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yeah, I really like the silver one. I wonder if it's for sale and for how much.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I can't stop looking at those pics. I wish I had the time, money, and know-how to complete a project like those cars.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Dave, you should go for it. Buy a car in ok shape, and start from there. Z's are cheap, MG's are cheap, Miata's are cheap. Live on ramen for a while to save for it and keep it as a project car. Buy one that's in good shape, do the maintenance yourself, and upgrade as you feel like it. Very little on cars is particularly difficult to do, largely you just need to pay attention, take your time, and double check your work. **** after never doing more than changing oil, I replaced my timing belt, which ran for about a year, and should still work. They're designed to be made and repaired by people with varying levels of skill, it's not really rocket science.

You only live once, so if it's something you want to do, I say go for it. Don't wait until you're too old to enjoy it either. My dad has wanted a sports car his whole life and has never gone for it, I did and haven't regretted it for a second. And don't tell your wife I gave you this advice :wink:

~Pat

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
:lol: My wife suggested the idea of looking for a project car that me and the boys can work on for years before it's worthy of the road. So I'm looking for something to customize.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts