Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Bat's Blacked Out Headlight Housings and More!PICS

4K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  Blue Batmobile 
#1 ·
First off, I wanna thank Mr Zipps for the nice job on the housings, KShep for the Clear Strip, and Jason at Performance for the Clear Sidemarkers. I'm really liking the look of these. I will Overlay my Sidemarkers with my 3/10 Tint so it will blend in more with my Clear Headlight Strip. I also upgraded my bulbs to Sylvania Silverstars. They omit a nice white light as opposed to my stock bulbs. Overall, I'm really please with this Mod :). I will post more pics in a bit ;).

Bat™

before:

after:

See less See more
#4 ·
I like this look, but I think I'd rather leave the inside of the turn signal reflector chrome, otherwise, looks great.

#10 ·
Originally posted by DiRN+Nov 2 2004, 01:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Blue Batmobile
@Nov 2 2004, 01:23 PM
Ya, thanks for the clear strips too Kenny, I Love them!

Bat™

Rub it in why don't ya

Sure thing Andy..(says nice, benevolent Kenny...as greedy, mean Kenny thinks he should have put these up for auction)

#16 ·
Originally posted by ssgtbarclay@Nov 2 2004, 07:02 PM
I take it that you did the work yourself. Looks good man. How did you seperate the lens from the light housing? If you stuck it in the oven I bet you were nervous. i would be.

ssgtbarclay

Bat sent he housings to Mr Zipps...I think he charges $150 to clear a set of housings....turnaround is fast...

#21 ·
All you have to do is remove the amber strip inside the housing.

Too bad you have to literally cook your headlights in the oven to get it out :)

#22 ·
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Nov 3 2004, 10:06 AM
How fast is turnaround Dave?

I can have them sent back the day or the day after I recieve them (depending on what time of day i get them).

And yes you technically have to cook them. Doesnt hurt anything though. The housing just gets a little warm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.