Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended on a recent Saturday for the downhill sprint, starting on the slight rise on con-rod straight in pairs. My first effort at this sort of thing.

Enjoyed it a lot and reached 160kph sweeping round that first long right hander, not easing up on latter runs. (Had six runs)

However, it was a mistake (but honest) entering the slightly! modified (Group 2) class with merely the exhaust and intake done.

I was up against : for example 5.7 ltr GTO Monaro modded and with semi-slicks, (He was 7th overall out of 62 cars there) a Skyline R33 with 274kw at the wheels. a highly modified R31 GTSR (rare) and so it goes on...

The scrutineering was not fussy it seems, next time it'll be class 1 (unmodded) for me....I would have won that.

I ended up 8/12 in the class, beating an RX7 R31 and R32 Skylines and a Jaguar XJS

I was 44th out of 62 cars overall the winner being some 12 secs quicker than my class winner over about 2K..(L J Torana 5300cc. highly modded)

Steve (was 4wsboy)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sounds like you had fun.

It sounds a bit like some of the 'hill climb' competitions that we have here. Though, the ones we have here are not very long ... maybe a 40sec run. How long was each run for you?

What could be fun is the 'Mt. Buller sprint' ... similar sort of thing, but the stage is good 15mins long. Though, you don't want to come off.

ps. Is there somewhere a map of the Bathurst sprint route? Also what about the times ... are they posted anywhere? Last of all, any pics?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by DavidM@Dec 18 2004, 08:18 AM
Sounds like you had fun.

It sounds a bit like some of the 'hill climb' competitions that we have here. Though, the ones we have here are not very long ... maybe a 40sec run. How long was each run for you?

What could be fun is the 'Mt. Buller sprint'  ... similar sort of thing, but the stage is good 15mins long. Though, you don't want to come off.

ps. Is there somewhere a map of the Bathurst sprint route? Also what about the times ... are they posted anywhere? Last of all, any pics?

Hi David..Ta for the interest.

My best run was 60 seconds. Overall winner about 46secs...

Bathurst light car club ran the event, and I was surprised, they actually do close half of Mt Panorama quite regularly.

They have a website either their full name or BLCC should find them and pics.

The following day was hill climbing reverse through the S's, but too much concrete for my liking!

Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Steve, I was up there with the Skyline club, we had a pretty good turn out.

The supersprint part is great fun....but honestly you missed the best part with the hillclimb...

On the bright side its on again soon, we will be heading up there with the Z if the gtr isn't running by then. BLCC run 4 hillclimbs a year there so there are plenty of chances to get a run

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

Dunno why you didnt take it last time Duncan..(Oh yeah it was dinged)
BTW You don't really snore that badly..
Steve

PS Glad you found this site...

·
Registered
77 Posts
:oops: ahh that Steve :D

Hope you had a good weekend mate, I'm sure Tosh or Darren will let you know when the next one is on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts