Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see people have been pretty happy with the infinity basslink and it fits in the Bose Subwoofer spot. Does anyone know if the Basslink 2 will fit as well?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found these measurements on Crutchfield's website

Basslink II

vertical mounting dimensions (with mounting feet): 15"W x 15"H x 10-1/4"D; horizontal mounting dimensions (with mounting feet): 15"W x 9-3/4"H x 15-1/8"D

Basslink I
14-1/2"W x 13-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D (vertical mount); 14-1/2"W x 9-1/2"H x 15-3/16"D (horizontal mount)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :)...I was looking at the space after I removed the Bloze POS "subwoofer" and it looks pretty big. Do I have to remove the speaker bracket (or disassemble the entire back of the car?) to get the Basslink in there?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Keep this thread going. I was looking at getting a Basslink 2 after I heard some personal testimony.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Circuit City near me stocks Basslinks so I'm going to go by Friday Morning and have the look at it. I'll keep everyone posted :)

I just replaced the stock system with a Kenwood Head Unit, 50watt x 4 amp, Boston Acoustics (SX60 Front S65 Back) and I'm very happy with the improvement and got out for under a Grand. I'd just like some more low end.

·
Registered
176 Posts
thanks for the update

I'll be happy to hear how this works, especially with the amp expansion capability of it., which could help alot with space saving for front 4 speakers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to the guys a circuit city and they had not done a z before. However with the pictures and dirctions I brought them from this forum they claimed they could do it. They sell both the basslink 1 & 2 so they will be able to try both once they get it opened up. I'm waiting until I have a chance to talk to the shop manager before I let them at it (I'd hate to have to kill somone for f***ing up my baby :)).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just my opinion, but don't let Circuit City, or anyone on the retail-centric level do an install on your car. (Including Best Buy, Pep Boys..omg don't get me started on Pep Boys)

If you don't do it yourself (it's not difficult, just need patience) then take it to a pro shop. You get what ya pay for in these instances.

Good luck!
-Smoky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts