16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! .. What would be the advantages/disadvantages of going with either:

base model and aftermarket LSD

enthusiast model with stock LSD

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Looking at the 04 catalogue, LSD and TCS are not on the base. Other things you would not get are the Xenon headlights, which you can do yourself. You would lose the cruise control, which I would have to have for long drives. Don't know if you utilize the homelink or not and the self dimming rear view is also not on the base. Only other thing the base does not have is the cross drilled alum. pedals and you could do that yourself too. I'd personally have to go with the enthusiast if it were my choice. Just my opinion!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought by '04 base model and plan on using the money I saved instead of buying the enthusiasts model to get an aftermarket diff. Some Japanese tuners have gone this route because the stock LSD is a viscous type which doesn't lock as well as a clutch type. Also, the base model doesn't come with the VDC or TCS, which some say can cut the fun during hard driving. I think it all depends on what you want the car for because the base model is pretty stripped down when it comes to luxuries and extras.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts