Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Base Vs Touring

23K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  RUFDRAFT 
#1 ·
Are all the upgrades from the Base model to the Touring Model worth the $6,000. I am decide between the two models. I will probably buy one of the two cars this weekend.

Could the 6 grand be put into the base model and make it just as nice or better. I love to "pimp" out cars so I wouldn't mind putting in the work of customizing the base model.

The more replies and advise the better I will feel about buying the Z this weekend. I look forward to posting pictures after my purchase. :shiftdrive:

#3 ·
No LSD on base that I'm aware. Unless that's changed for 05 to 06?

I'd get at least an enthusiast model personally. No HIDs on the base either. A car as hot as the 350 NEEDS HID IMO.

Enthusiast has HID and LSD for sure and shouldnt be too much more than Base.

#5 ·
Originally posted by TaylorCSU@Jul 15 2005, 02:27 AM
Are all the upgrades from the Base model to the Touring Model worth the $6,000.  I am decide between the two models.  I will probably buy one of the two cars this weekend.

Could the 6 grand be put into the base model and make it just as nice or better.  I love to "pimp" out cars so I wouldn't mind putting in the work of customizing the base model.

The more replies and advise the better I will feel about buying the Z this weekend.  I look forward to posting pictures after my purchase.  :shiftdrive:
[snapback]132171[/snapback]​

If you don't care about having heated power leather seats, the Touring isn't worth the money.

Originally posted by onii@Jul 15 2005, 07:53 AM
is there lsd on the touring? that'd be the only thing i'd care bout...everything else i'd put in myself.
[snapback]132186[/snapback]​

All models except for the Base have always had LSDs. But you could always add the Nismo LSD to a Base

#8 ·
Originally posted by LeMansEAKZ@Jul 15 2005, 07:15 AM
Base is the way to go if you are going to customize it. LSD would be nice to add though - the rest is all a waste of money IMHO. Base all the way.
[snapback]132190[/snapback]​

+1. waaaayyyyy more fun to mod and play with the base. i have added everything minus LSD for way less than 6K (wheels/tires, springs,intake, grounding wires, leather, audio,misc)

#9 ·
I bought a used 2003 touring edition with 12K on her. Saved over $13,000 off the price of a new one. You can add a lot of mods for $13k. I rarely buy a brand new car, you just throw away $5k -$8k when you drive away. Whats the point in that. Let someone else throw their money away.

#13 ·
I'm not sure what the install would cost, but I believe the Nismo is supposed to be better than the stock diff. When I got my Z it was a daily driver, so I wanted the traction control, so I got an Enthusiast. If I were buying one today, I'd get a Base. You can get the Nismo LSD and HIDs installed for less than difference in the price between the models. You can also install an autodimming mirror and the racing pedals and still come out on top.

#14 ·
Originally posted by LeMansEAKZ@Jul 15 2005, 06:15 AM
Base is the way to go if you are going to customize it. LSD would be nice to add though - the rest is all a waste of money IMHO. Base all the way.
[snapback]132190[/snapback]​

:nana: I enjoy traveling in comfort (speed) & style, thank you very much!

Truthfully, besides HID & LSD....it's creature comforts, but hey, I'm a creature of comfort. :rolf2:

#15 ·
I have a base and love it - the money that I save each month I can spend on my car. You can add HID for about 500 and LSD for about 900. Heated/leather seat are not for me - the BLOSE system kind of sucks. and I dont need an auto dimming rearview mirror.

Just one guys opinions(who sold nissans for awhile)

~Z~

#16 ·
I got my '03 ppw touring 6sp w/ every option except the navigation for 22,900 w/ 8,400 miles.....that was back in march '05. Good luck finding a base in that kind of condition for that. just my .02......I love my Z.

#25 ·
Originally posted by Maxfrost+Aug 10 2005, 10:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Aug 10 2005, 07:26 PM
Pikes Peak White = pearl white. The best color for the Z. :werd: :irock:
[snapback]144360[/snapback]​

hey, thats the one I saw in the dealership today! Pearl white Performance model with rear spoiler. B-E-A-U-tiful!!!!The sticker price was $32K++. How much should be my asking price?
[snapback]144374[/snapback]​

Was it brand new? ****, the prices are rising! I got my 03 starting at $26k, and I'm the second owner. It was basically a year old when I bought her. Original owner traded it in for a ZR.

#26 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Aug 10 2005, 09:03 PM-->
Originally posted by Maxfrost@Aug 10 2005, 10:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Aug 10 2005, 07:26 PM
Pikes Peak White = pearl white. The best color for the Z. :werd: :irock:
[snapback]144360[/snapback]​

hey, thats the one I saw in the dealership today! Pearl white Performance model with rear spoiler. B-E-A-U-tiful!!!!The sticker price was $32K++. How much should be my asking price?
[snapback]144374[/snapback]​

Was it brand new? ****, the prices are rising! I got my 03 starting at $26k, and I'm the second owner. It was basically a year old when I bought her. Original owner traded it in for a ZR.
[snapback]144379[/snapback]​

its brand new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.