Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll finally made my way to the dragstrip now that my Z is complete. I was hoping for at least a 13.5 in the quarter But wasn't sure what to expect with a new clutch, small winds going in the wrong direction and the unforgiving conditions of the Albuquerque National Dragway. Well the biggest obstical I faced was turning off the traction control instead of opening my gas cap. I was getting too excited. (kind of like premature ejaculation on your prom night) Not too much traffic and we got a bunch of runs in with my best time of..........................................(envelope please)

13.338! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best trap was 108.45 and 60ft of 1.974
My best reaction time was .014

All in all I was real pleased but sad for my boy Larry in the black ARC SRT-4. (Don't think its blown....hopefully)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Woohoo! :clap: Impressive! Great job, Jason!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
SWEET - now you have to get in car camera to record yourself to review and keep driving the time down!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Jason - you are the Man! :irock:

Anyone know what a stock Z turns in the 1/4?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
High 13's depending on several factors and running close to around 100mph.

I was fully loaded my first time at the 1/4 and got 14.5 at around 93 or 98 (I can't remember anymore). But based on what I've read, the stock Z is capable of high 13's.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
We'll finally made my way to the dragstrip now that my Z is complete. I was hoping for at least a 13.5 in the quarter But wasn't sure what to expect with a new clutch, small winds going in the wrong direction and the unforgiving conditions of the Albuquerque National Dragway. Well the biggest obstical I faced was turning off the traction control instead of opening my gas cap. I was getting too excited. (kind of like premature ejaculation on your prom night) Not too much traffic and we got a bunch of runs in with my best time of..........................................(envelope please)
13.338! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best trap was 108.45 and 60ft of 1.974
My best reaction time was .014

All in all I was real pleased but sad for my boy Larry in the black ARC SRT-4. (Don't think its blown....hopefully)

Sweet. Congrats on the runs.

And I think you mean ACR, not ARC SRT4! :wink:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm a little confused. If a stock Z runs high 13's - I would expect a SC'd car to run high 12's. Is that expecting too much from an additional 125 hp? I'm looking at a Stillen Stage 3. And - I've got 3.91's in now.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats sucks Julian. The strip can't be good for our cars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe he's running at higher altitude.
For Sure!! I also live in New Mexico. Mile high altitude sucks man. Ive never taken my Z to the track, but I wouldnt doubt if my Z runs high 14 seconds here NA. Nice run Jason. BEN

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are my street tires on 19's

·
Registered
755 Posts
I thought a stock Z was supposed to run about 14.3-14.1 (at best). ?
That is the time you'll get from an average driver. The car is capable of 13.6 stock with a good driver "not a pro racer for that matter".

I did 13.5 with drags+plenum spacer+pop charger and less than 1/4 tank

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I think we might be suffering from "E.T. Creep". If this thread goes on long enough the stock 1/4 mile time for a 350Z will be down around 12.2-12.4

-RZ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts